Terry Robson is a journalist, author, and broadcaster. He brings an entertaining blend of science, wit, philosophy, and inspiration to topics including the psychology of success, the nature of happiness, the potential for lengthening lifespan, and how your daily habits impact your life and work.
Terry combs the scientific and medical journals finding the cutting edge, usually quirky, research that has real implications for how we live. He distills this information, puts it into a historical and philosophical context, and produces entertaining yet thought provoking items for his various media roles and public speaking.
Terry is the co-editor of WellBeing magazine and writes a daily news column for wellbeing.com.au. He has written five books with his latest, Failure IS an Option published by ABC Books in September 2010.
He presents on-air segments for radio stations around Australia including a weekly segment titled 'Terry' on Sydney ABC 702's afternoon program with James Valentine. He is also co-presenter of the podcast 'Talking Health' for the ABC.
Terry has previously worked as health correspondent for SKY News, the Seven Network, Channel TEN, and NBN Television. Currently he makes regular appearances on The Morning Show on the Seven Network.
He writes widely as a freelance journalist for magazines and newspapers and has previously been an online columnist for The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age.
Terry works as an MC and public speaker at functions throughout Australia and overseas. He also writes screenplays including an award winning short film. Terry has degrees in psychology, archaeology, and naturopathy, and a Diploma of Education.
Client Comments for Terry Robson
Terry Robson travels from New South Wales Australia
- We would like to thank you for your work as MC at the World Wellness Project Summit. We found you to be warm, knowledgeable, funny and were most impressed with the level of research you did for each of the presenters and sessions as well as the depth of expertise you were able to impart. We felt that your approach, energy and investment in the Summit was that of partner and not someone employed. We were so grateful we chose you as an MC, your involvement and participation was integral to the success and wonderful feedback we received regarding the Summit.
Champion Event Management
- Terry Robson is an accomplished MC. He recently MCed our Annual Awards Dinner and we were delighted with the contribution he made. Terry ensured he was familiar with our organisational mandate and spoke with ease and interest about topics which had resonance for our audience. He has an easy manner, inserts light humour to relax participants and overall did a fantastic job at ensuring our Awards dinner moved smoothly and fluidly through the agenda. We recommend his friendly and open style and are immensely grateful for a job very well done.
Complementary Healthcare Council
- We had the rare opportunity to engage Terry in Singapore and Malaysia and were much impressed by his wealth of knowledge in complementary healthcare. Terry was engaged to conduct several public forums featuring the global trend towards complementary medicine and addressing health concerns of both countries. Importantly, he undertook numerous media interviews on behalf of VitaHealth from the leading press and magazine titles in both countries. Terry's enlightening and informative talks were most insightful and very well received. He touched on the key benefits of Integrated medicine and spoke of immunity, weight management and cardiovascular health management topics. Our forums were well attended by media, our business associates and our ardent consumers. Many had truly benefited much from Terry's seminars and interviews and had words of praise for him subsequent to the event. Terry is a confident and a profound speaker with grace and ease on stage. Importantly, he keeps his listeners interested and motivated. Terry's interaction with the public and media during his trip had provided VitaHealth a successful platform to address and boost consumer confidence in the aftermath of the PAN saga. His media exposure had indeed proven to be a fruitful and insightful PR and branding exercise for VitaHealth.
VitaHealth Laboratories Pty Ltd, Singapore
- With an audience of 900 delegates and a full program of 20+ speakers in a day, the Happiness & Its Causes conference MC needs to keep the show moving with flair and grace - and this is exactly what Terry Robson delivered. Terry was a debonair MC with a great knowledge of all things related to wellbeing - perfect for Happiness & Its Causes. His introductions were entertaining and informative and designed to suit our fast-paced format. For any large scale events, you know you're in safe hands with Terry at the helm!
Conference Director, Happiness & Its Causes 2016; The Digital Health Show Conference
- Anti-Ageing Truths- How long can you live and how well can you age?
- Creating Confidence
- Failure IS an Option: How setbacks breed success
- Finding Flexibility
- Food for Life: The truth about coffee, chocolate, wine, and your daily bread
- Future Medicine: What will it look like?
- Happiness: From genetics to choices
- Healthy Offices: The mind, body and spirit of the workplace
- Living Healthy, Sustainable Lives
- Practical Positive: What is true optimism?
- Serve to Succeed: How service can liberate you
- Succeeding Well: Making the most of your successes
- The Gifts of Darkness: Dark times can offer great treasures
- The Love Drug: How romantic love changes your body and how self-love alters your life
- Willpower: Find it, keep it
"We struggled finding attendees to this event for a number of reasons (mostly internal) but with the ideas, support and guidance offered by Nanette and Winston mostly they helped us pull it across the line and came through with one of the most successful and certainly the most talked about event HP Software has run. Thank you! I cannot think of another thing you could possibly do to make your service any better. Keep on doing it and you will continue to be successful!"
Subscribe to our newsletter