Impro Australia (IA) is the industry leader in the area of corporate training using the skills of improvisation and theatre sports.
For over 25 years, IA has taught business professionals how to work off the top of their heads without a script. These Theatresports® masters combine a highly engaging and challenging workshop with practical exercises, lessons and tips for those in the corporate world. We'll show your team how to think faster on their feet, successfully generate and build on ideas and inject spontaneous, genuine humour into potentially stressful situations.
Improvisation skills help create a united group dynamic, where staff respond instantly and productively to each others' input. The result is an inclusive, more nimble and resilient outfit, able to listen accurately and work quickly towards solutions. Not only will your people acquire practical tools, it is also one of the funniest and most entertaining workshops they will ever experience.
Plus, if your organisation has a key objective when enlisting our team, we will design a specific program of demonstrations, exercises and explanations to achieve the desired outcomes.
IA conducts workshops and training courses across Australia. Our company holds the Australian Trade Mark for Theatresports®, the spontaneous theatre format staged in Sydney since 1985 and the basis for TV shows such as Thank God You're Here! and Whose Line is it Anyway? Infinitely adaptable, consumate communicators, Impro Australia's team can bring out the best in your conference, in your colleagues in your company or concept.
Impro Australia training programs are ideal for...
• Staff Training – tangential and creative thinking, communication skills, active listening and humour in the workplace.
• Cultural Change - engaging, positive, fun tactics for implementing new policies, strategies or changes to the workplace.
• Team Building - aligning teams from different departments, offices or regions, replacing silos with synergy.
• Embedding Corporate Values - turning words into ways of working by exploring and illustrating key behaviours, workday applications and reminders.
• Conferences - memorable, high impact openers, impro comedy 'mingle sessions' to introduce delegates to each other in an interactive and informal way, specific topic break-out sessions and short re-energising 'brain breaks'.
• 'Jest To Recap' - our top duo observes your speaker's session and immediately follows it up with a comedy sketch written on the spot, based on highlights from the presenter's material. Distilling the session into a hilarious 5 minute 'best-of,' our very improvised characters recap the key messages and moments of strong audience connection to the content. A sure-fire way to ensure that the main points of a presentation resonate, are remembered and that the session finishes on an emotional high.
• Product Promotions - creative, fresh approaches to introducing new products and knowledge to your organisation or your clients. Our corporate comedians can create high impact stories and connections with their witty interactions and amazing variety of instant characters.
Client Comments for Theatresports
Theatresports travels from New South Wales Australia
- The feedback from our sales staff has been excellent. They want your team back again for our next conference.
- Thanks so much for the fantastic Theatresports workshop. It was an excellent event. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!
- Responses to our surveys were emphatic. Nurses have been saying it was the best entertainment they have ever had at one of our events.
- I consider the session to have been an outstanding success, and perfectly suited to the team-building theme of the day
- Congrats on very funny presentation. You guys were perfect for our crowd. The looks on the staff's faces were priceless.
The Horwitz Group
- Wonderful! A brilliant way to use comedy to learn more about and appreciate your employees thereby creating a friendlier, more solid and effective organisation.
Australian Centre for Languages
- Given the success of this night there is every chance that we will to do something similar again next year.
Price Waterhouse Coopers
- An excellent opportunity to meet workmates in a new environment, get an understanding of how they operate and have a good laugh together. Facilitation was first class. Well done.
- The material was well pitched and appropriately chosen - it was great to see the staff respond to the improvised scenes with such enjoyment and interest.
- Wonderful! As soon as our people realised they were not going to be made fun of, they were all volunteering to get up on stage to perform with your actors. Your team are masters.
- The entire audience had a wonderful time and immensely enjoyed your event - some even saying they have not laughed like that in a long time. We would not hesitate to use Theatresports again.
- Theatresports people are such finely trained improvisational athletes, that no matter what you throw at them, they just bat it back.
- The very best outsourced presentation we have ever had; innovative, funny and intelligent. You fulfilled the brief and more, strengthening our client relationships, and drawing awareness to product.
- Excellent three hours, valuable information was very well presented and a lot of fun.
- Your presentation was genius. The team put in their homework to ensure your client made the very best impression and the audience was completely involved, enthralled and entertained.
Ron Tacchi, Speakers Network International
"Friendly, efficient, easy to deal with and very professional."
Subscribe to our newsletter