“This is a young man possessed of extraordinary courage, but also great sensitivity and respect. To anyone who believes that there are no worlds left to be discovered, I offer up the evidence of this magnificent tale.” – Elizabeth Gilbert, Author Eat Pray Love
In one of the most unique odysseys of modern times Tim Cope spent three years on horseback among nomads traversing the Eurasian steppe, accompanied by his dog Tigon.
For the celebrated Australian Adventurer Of The Year, that was just the beginning.
Tim went on to create the popular ABC TV series, and international award-winning book, On The Trail Of Genghis Khan (Australian bestseller).
He has now been appointed international envoy for Mongolian tourism and selected by the Australian Museum as one of the greatest Australian explorers of all time (the museum is currently showing Tim's story until the end of July as part of the Trailblazers exhibit).
A masterful and deeply passionate storyteller, Tim has broken with the stereotype of conquest-focused adventure and become renowned as a champion of the rare human wisdom found in some of the world’s least known traditional cultures.
Tim has become a recognised ambassador for the timeless values of discovery in a fast-changing modern world.
Tim reframes discovery as something that can be experienced internally on the day to day level of the workplace.
His message of success and happiness through resilience, taking responsible risks, embracing cultural and individual differences, and developing relationships based on understanding and respect has found universal resonance.
Fresh from two years on the national and international stage with his book and film, our veteran exclusive speaker of more than 13 years has come of age and is available all over Australia in 2016-2017.
Client Comments for Tim Cope
- This is a young man possessed of extraordinary courage, but also great sensitivity and respect. To anyone who believes that there are no worlds left to be discovered, I offer up the evidence of this magnificent tale.
Elizabeth Gilbert - Author of Eat Pray Love, Signature of All Things
- Tim's re-telling of his life on horse from Mongolia to Hungary on the trail of the nomads was an amazing story that brought to life his passion for adventure. The linking of his journey with the challenges facing today's business leaders provided a timely reminder for all of us of goal setting, resilience and determination, at times the need to act outside one's comfort zone, looking outwards and that working in harmony with others is the key to success.
The Illawarra Connection
- The principals of the Shepparton Network recently had the privilege of hearing Tim Cope speak about his journey from Mongolia to Hungary on the trail of Genghis Khan. He was truly inspirational. The account of his adventure held much innate interest from an historical and geographical perspective but it was so much more. It was a journey of self discovery, challenge, courage and persistence. It was an account of cultural diversity and human capacity, connectedness and bonding. Tim spoke to us for about an hour and a half and we could have listened to him much longer had time allowed. He shared [the highlights] of his journey and it was enthralling. Questions to him afterwards clearly showed that there were many other aspects of the journey that were still left untold. Many principals have already indicated that they will be looking at booking Tim as a speaker for their school community.
- Tim is a very passionate and well organised speaker, everyone enjoyed his presentation... a very inspirational speaker.
- Refresing and surprisingly relevant with Tim's 'Learnings and Insights'.
- Fantastic. A gentle but self-assured man with wisdom and maturity well beyond his years. He took our audience through a raft of emotions and inspired us all to chase our dreams and fullfil our aspiratrions. I cannot praise Tim enough.
Gippsland Principals Conference
- Tim was like a breath of fresh air, so nice to know that Saxton have all types of speakers, and not just high powered business professionals.
- Staff were amazed at Tim's presentation and still talk about his achievements. This has never happened before.
- I have had Tim speak at my leadership program a number of times now and he always delivers. He is thoughtful, insightful and also provides some humour. He is very easy to deal with and is always one of the favourite speakers of the year for our program.
- Tim spoke very well and with the film it added that extra dimension. We had over 200 kids all together and he held their interest right through.
Trafalgar High School
- Tim was captivating. He was personable, genuine and enthusiastic, this coupled with his stories, photos and his explanations about his wise learnings made for a very special presentation. From Tim's presentation the students and teachers were inspired and also encouraged to consider what is truly important in life.
School for Student Leadership - Alpine School Campus
- Tim, I want to thank you for your excellent presentation. You are an amazing young man with limitless enthusiasm, courage and 'can do, never give up' attitude was contagious to us. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Retirement Village Association Ltd
- Absolutely fabulous, entertaining and inspiring.
St Paul's Anglican Grammar
- Tim was very personable and well prepared. His presentation was engaging and seamless, with the interactive components beautifully contributing and helping to illustrate the story he was portraying. The donation of the two books and DVD as giveaways was fantastic as was his willingness to stay after the presentation, sign books and speak to the visitors. The feedback from the audience was very positive.
University of Tasmania
- Tim spoke appropriately to the audience of students aged 10 years +. He met each students' questions with an honest and meaningful response. His presentation focused on the magic of his adventure and his relationships with people always in a positive light with no negativity.
Shearwater Steiner School
- Tim Cope was the best speaker we have ever had at the Advanced Students' Forum.
- Tim was absolutely wonderful and was far and away one of the best speakers we have hosted. What a graceful, lovely human being he is! Our community loved engaging with him and we're grateful he made the trip. His talk struck a great balance of being really polished but also delivered in a way that made it seem spontaneous and personal.
North House Folk School
- This year my senior management team and I have had the pleasure of spending a few inspiring days with Tim. One of our goals was to get away from our daily work environment and spend some time in a remote location without all the noise from our everyday life; no mobiles, internet or TV!
Firstly, Tim presented and shared experiences from his truly inspiring story and life and through that we were able to draw comparisons between his adventure challenges and the challenges we all face in our daily working life. Our second day was spent trekking as a group with Tim in the high plains in Victoria.
It was a fantastic few days, enjoyed the whole group, and I can fully recommend Tim to any organisation or management group looking for something different. His engaging manner and humble approach is very refreshing.
David Hood, Managing Director, IKEA Australia Pty Ltd
- Tim was absolutely amazing and so many of the comments after the day, from the kids and teachers alike, were about how much they enjoyed Tim! Awesome!
Mirboo North Secondary College
- Tim was our keynote speaker for our annual Company day. He was engaging and down to earth which really fitted our company demographic. We had an overwhelming reaction to Tim's talk. The staff loved him (and his dog) and we now have several staff reading his books. Tim was a perfect fit for what we wanted in a keynote speaker.
Mr. Cope's program was professional, inspirational, and eye-opening for those in attendance. I have received an overwhelming amount of positive feedback from students, staff, and faculty. This was a high quality event that proved to be a meaningful investment for our campus.
John Paul College
- Cope is one of the most vibrant and engaging narrators you may find.
Spectator Magazine, UK
- The feedback we have received regarding Tim's presentation has been extremely positive. Everyone in the audience was totally engaged in his story and my colleagues were very impressed by the way he related this back to teaching. Tim was also very approachable and was happy to talk to people before and after his presentation.
Department of Education & Early Childhood Development
- A wonderful story teller, Tim kept the entire crowd enticed. People still talk about his experiences two weeks later.
National Australia Bank
- Tim's affable, easy going personality immediately endeared him to his audience. His relaxed manner and sense of humour suited his topic perfectly. The feedback from the ASTW members was very positive. All those who commented said they enjoyed his talk and slide/video presentation immensely. There were many who approached Tim after his presentation to ask questions and get to know him on a more personal level: a clear sign that he had made an impact with them.
Australian Society of Travel Writers (ASTW)
- Tim was absolutely wonderful! We received fantastic feedback on his presentation from our guests. He was inspirational!
University of Wollongong
- Tim was excellent in his insight into how to achieve your goals and live your dreams.
Catholic Regional College
- Rarely have I seen such whole hearted response. The quality of Tim's photography and video as well as his ability to tell stories that completely engaged the audience are outstanding... I have personally hosted and attended dozens of slide shows. I am very discerning when it comes to lectures, and would only recommend a handful of speakers that I have listened to in that time. Tim Cope is one of them.
Howard Whelan, Founding Editor Of Australian Geographic
- Tim Cope was an inspiring and genuine speaker. He linked his story and challenges to those faced by our students attending the forum and spoke to their experience. His journey was amazing yet he was honest about his feelings and the obstacles he experienced daily. It came across not as a story of heroism or exceptional skill, but of one person who wanted to achieve a goal and was determined to get there.
- Tim was an outstanding presenter. Our audience was a group of graduate teachers embarking on a challenging career and Tim was able to draw on analogies and metaphors during the presentation that related directly to their circumstance. The audience was entranced throughout the presentation and the AV support was engrossing. Key Regional personnel were present and I am confident we will see much more of this outstanding young man in our area in the future.
John Price Jones Consulting
- He noted our brief and stuck to the topic beautifully. He read the audience of senior boys well who responded with appreciation.
- Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School invited Tim Cope to provide a highly-motivating introductory morning for our two-day Student Leadership Committee training program. Tim extensively adapted his multi-media presentation format and created a purpose-built interactive sequence incorporating stimulating group work, structured discussion forums and team building activities. The students were highly interested and fully engaged throughout.
Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar
- Warm, genuine and enthusiastic. Related his experiences to the theme of the event in a meaningful way. The audience loved him.
East Gippsland Institute of TAFE
- I came away stimulated, inspired, and with my horizons broadened.
St Paul's Grammar School
- The conference was highly successful and your contribution was very well received. I was delighted to receive such enthusiastic feedback from participants and, as I'm sure you did, to observe the very positive atmosphere throughout the day. The association is most appreciative that you agreed to be part of the event and enabled us to offer such a wonderful program.
School Library Association of Victoria
- On the Trail of Genghis Khan: An Epic Journey Through the Land of the Nomads
"Special thanks to Sandra and Lauren for all their assistance, they were very efficient and quick to respond to all requests."
Subscribe to our newsletter