R.E. (Toby) Travanner is a professional corporate trainer, keynote presenter, master of ceremonies and consultant. His primary area of expertise is coaching individuals and teams to realise their business and personal goals especially in the areas of sales and marketing. He is an entertaining and challenging facilitator, with a reputation for high-energy, high-contact presentations. Toby consistently achieves 'excellent' ratings from the participants of his sessions, with most of his clients rating him as the best presenter they have ever worked with.
Being well versed in many industries and with over 15 years of experience in consulting to provide peak personal performance (providing a 'return on intellect' to organisations), Toby is able to capture and motivate audiences with real, 'take home' techniques and attitudes.
With global experience of business and personal cultures, Toby tailors his presentations and facilitated sessions specifically to the strategic environment of his clients and will often develop new techniques and methodologies to meet the continuing demands of people development in business today. This customisation means that new ideas are more likely to be used and implemented by participants in his programs which are more likely to lead to a significant impact to the success of an organisation.
Toby's presentations, MC engagements and programs are designed around his 3 'S's.
Short term: There must be something that is immediately useable by the participants. If people and organisations don't see an immediate benefit, it is more difficult to gain the momentum from Skills Development or motivational activites.
Sustainable: Motivation can sometimes be limited to the time during the interaction with the presenter. Often we take part in sessions where we are entertained and think 'I must do that when I get back to work'. Unless the ideas, attitudes and methods are sustainable outside the conference or learning environment, then improvements to the return on intellect will not be achievable.
Significant: Outcomes, over a period of time, need to have a significant, measurable benefit to both the individual and to the organisation of which they are a part. These outcomes need to be in the form of improved technical and professional behaviours that lead to benefits to business processes.
He has used this philosophy while working with over 10,000 individuals (not including speaking engagements) from organisations including IBM Asia Pacific, National Australia Bank, Cap Gemini Ernst & Young, Heinz Watties, Minter Ellison Lawyers, Telstra, Malleson Stephens Jaques, Hewlett Packard, Corrs Chambers Westgarth, Novation Leasing Company and Tattersall’s.
Toby runs his own learning and development company, aptly named The Learning Company Pty Ltd.
Prior to this, Toby headed his own company for 8 years before merging operations in 2000 with CPT Global Limited, an IT consultancy firm, where he was General Manager – Training. Toby also worked for IBM Australia for 7 years, where he was most recently the Professional Skills Curriculum Manager for IBM Education Consulting, Asia Pacific after holding a variety of sales and sales management roles.
Toby has a degree in scientific research and also has a background in the entertainment industry. He is also a Member of the Adjunct Faculty at the Australian Graduate School of Management.
Client Comments for Toby Travanner
Toby Travanner travels from Victoria Australia
- I met Toby Travanner at a DHL executive program and was so impressed with his work that I asked him to come to Singapore develop a one-one presentation skills course for myself and my direct reports. I thought that he did a fantastic job. The material he presented was very poignant and delivered in a very upbeat and accessible manner. He has a great ability to relay realistic and useful strategies that have made a noticeable impact upon my executive members and myself. I would recommend him/The Learning Company to anyone.
DHL Express, Asia Pacific
- I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for always delivering the goods in your training sessions. Having attended numerous of your sessions over the past four years, both as a client and as a general participant, I must say the experience was equally beneficial on all platforms. I find your method of content delivery extremely informative and inspirational. Based on the feedback I've received from our Team Members that have attended your sessions around the country, I would have to say my view is definitely mutual.
- I have seen a lot of MCs and found Toby to be excellent. He was an excellent MC and facilitator for the executive forum hypothetical. His questions were well versed and suited both my objectives and thoughts in a positive way/manner/light. His interview technique is interactive and respectful of people thoughts – he never spoke over the top of anyone. His ability to engage the audience is fantastic. His vitality, enthusiasm and confidence was infectious and left everyone feeling good. He was a pleasure to work with and his organization and information was tight and clear at all times. I absolutely recommend Toby and would like to use him myself.
Toby's presentation on the hypothetical was well presented and thought provoking. Questions were well researched and formulated. Participants were made to feel comfortable and at ease at all times. Thank you Toby.
- Toby is the consumate professional, not much more I can say, he made our National Conference this year.
HLB Mann Judd
- Your expertise as our MC was faultless – you handled difficult situations and extremely tight time frames with ease and professionalism. All our delegate feedback has, without exception, praised the quality of you, our MC. The Organising Committee for next year's conference were heard to say that it will be very hard to find an MC to match your great performance!
MIAA Connect with Excellence Conference 2003
- [Your] sessions were well received and the delegate feedback rated 'excellent'. Participants felt they went away with new ideas... and new ways of approaching their clients.
Meetings Industry Association of Australia
- Some two weeks later I am hearing comments like 'I'm telling everybody I meet about this great course I've just done'... you have given the team... the confidence to motivate them to pursue the high-return business.
Cumberland Lorne Resort
- Sure, we were tired, but Toby's session was like the ultimate culmination of what we had been doing all week. You are the only presenter I have ever seen who could have made that session work so effectively
Powerhouse and Rotary Youth Leadership
- Toby's learnings gave us the key ingredients…to integrate the tools into an effective package. The verbal feedback from the sponsoring manager, participants and now senior management indicate to me that 'learning from Toby' was a good move.
- My personal thanks to you for making this conference a success from start to finish. Your commitment and professionalism that helped to deliver the desired outcome are truly recognised.
Heinz Watties Australasia
- These sorts of presentations … usually rate highly but I must comment that your presentation was possibly the best I have seen. Your enthusiasm and energy is very evident in your delivery style and the ability to keep a group of people awake for an after dinner session is to be congratulated.
Ernst & Young Consulting
- Your session received the highest rating of the day!
Melbourne Business School
- Toby lifted our function to the professional level. As MC for the event as well as a presenter he took control of all the details and kept the event moving at a controlled pace. His presentation at the start of the conference gave the audience something to take away with them (so much so that many would still be using quotes from him two days later) and was very well received. He was a great choice for both the MC role and the presenter and we would recommend him highly.
- High Integrity Selling
- Realising Business and Personal Goals
- The 3S Philosophy- Short term Difference, Sustainable Motivation and Significant Outcomes
- The Keys to Peak Personal Performance
"I liaised with Nina and Tamie and both were incredibly helpful and supportive in our planning process. They were the ones to initiate a lot of contact to make sure that planning was on track and any questions or queries I had were dealt with promptly."
The Association of Independent Schools of NSW Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter