Tom Gleeson is one of Australia's favourite comedians. Besides his many TV appearances, he’s been nominated for a Helpmann Award three times and won the Piece of Wood Comedian’s Choice Award in the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. He has performed several times at the two major comedy festivals in Melbourne and Edinburgh, as well as the invite only Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal and the Kilkenny Comedy Festival in Ireland. Oh yeah, and the biggest stand up on the planet Louis CK chose Tom to be his support act for his Australian tour. He is the comedian comedians watch.
Tom has performed at the Sydney Opera House, in every capital city in Australia, in London, Dublin, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Hong Kong, Jakarta as well as entertaining the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not content with conquering stand-up, Tom has also published a book, Playing Poker with the SAS: A Comedy Tour of Iraq and Afghanistan. This follows up his story The Italian Job, which appeared in Take Me With You, a collection of tales of long distance love edited by Sarah MacDonald for Random House.
In 2013 he made Australia his bitch once more with his new stage show, Hello Bitches. This was Tom’s biggest selling tour yet with crowds lining the streets in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney to catch a fill. 2013 also saw Tom return to our television screens on a weekly basis, on Network Ten’s panel show This Week Live. Alongside his co-hosts, Meshel Laurie, Tommy Little and Dave Thornton, the show reviewed the week that was through the eyes of some of Australia’s best comedians. Tom’s segment ‘I Hate You, Change My Mind’ fast became a cult hit across the country.
2014 and 2015 have seen Tom tour the country extensively with his live shows Quality and Tom Gleeson Live. Including performing both shows at Sydney’s Enmore Theatre.
Whilst continuing to tour the country with sell out shows, Tom is back on our television screens alongside Charlie Pickering and Kitty Flanagan on the new ABC series, The Weekly. Charlie with the help of Kitty and Tom dissect the weeks’ events, and bring you the news with a twist.
2016 has been an exciting year for Tom, who returned for a second series of the award winning The Weekly, and has just been named the host of a brand new ABC quiz show, set to air later in the year.
Client Comments for Tom Gleeson
Tom Gleeson travels from Victoria Australia
- Tom had delegates crying with laughter! A very funny ranger!
Leagues Clubs Australia
- On stage the 33-year-old is quick-witted and charismatic. He talks to the audience with the ease of an old friend catching up over a beer.
Daily Telegraph – Sydney
- Tall-tale-telling manner that constantly engages. Tom on. Very on.
The Age - Melbourne
- Instead of Non-Stop Tom, this show could have been called non-stop laughs, because that is the reaction Tom Gleeson got from the crowd.
The Advertiser - Adelaide
- His wit is lethal.
Sydney Morning Herald
- Sharp and very amusing.
The Stage - London
- Tom was excellent, very funny, he's a country person so our audience could really relate to his anecdotes from when he was growing up in the bush. He handled the crowd well in a room that acoustically sounded as tho the whole audience was talking! He got their attention and held it for his whole performance. He was hilarious.