Tom O'Toole: baker extraordinaire, kindergarten failure-turned-author and inspirational speaker, and founder of the famous Beechworth Bakery.
He may be somewhat small-town, but small-town or not, he is a marketing guru who dares to - and does - walk the talk. O'Toole is to Beechworth Bakery what Colonel Saunders is to KFC. But unlike the Colonel, Tom isn't content with being a cardboard cut-out. He wants to talk, be seen and be heard. He gives Beechworth Bakery its unique character.
Tom O'Toole is a juggernaut in the competitive world of retail marketing. A self-confessed kindergarten dropout from dirt-poor origins who didn't know his ABCs, he is living proof of the power of striving for your dreams. With a formidable sense of humour and an enthusiasm bordering on inspired frantic madness, he has spearheaded the rebirth of a dying country town by turning his bakery into a phenomenon of Australian small business, which continues to gather strength and speed.
Tom is a firm believer in getting out of your comfort zone and daring to be different. Says he, 'In every town and business, there has to be the wow factor; wow is the answer'. It is precisely this almost obsessive thinking outside the square, this continuous pushing of the envelope that keeps Beechworth Bakery far from being just another run-of-the-mill food outlet. It is this attitude that ensures the $15 million turnover every year (and counting), making Beechworth Bakery one of the top-selling retail bakeries in the Southern Hemisphere.
Tom's passion for spreading the word on motivation and achievement has resulted in a natural 'metamorphosis' with speaking engagements throughout Australia and overseas. He happily shares the secrets of his success through a range of products, articles, DVDs, workshops and speaking engagements, and is a rare act to follow. When he talks, all distractions fall by the wayside. The sudden crescendo in his voice is like caffeine to his audience; everyone sits up and takes notice. No exceptions.
Client Comments for Tom O'Toole
Tom O'Toole travels from Victoria
- Tom O'Toole blew our audience away, I don't think anyone expected him to present with such enthusiasm and excitement. Tom had the audience glued to his every word as well as clutching their sides in laughter at some of his stories.
- Tom was highly energetic and engaged the audience from the moment he opened his mouth. His messages are simple, yet they resonate and are relevant to all in a customer service industry.
National Australia Bank
- I spoke to several of our Hoteliers after the presentation and Tom got they all thought he was fantastic because they could all relate to some of the management pit falls that they had fallen into and felt Tom was humorous and inspirational in getting the message across how they could improve their businesses.
Liquor Marketing Group
- Tom's message was perfect; it was like we had scripted him. Perfect speaker for any franchise group.
- Information was excellent. Had the audience attention at all times. Tom went the extra mile to ensure the information he was providing fitted with our requirements for the day. Thanks Tom, an amazing job.
The Country Care Group
- Tom delivered an outstanding session with passion, conviction and a number of key messages, all built around a huge number of photo's that told his life story of the success of Beechworth Bakeries. Thanks Tom!
- It is easy to see how Tom has built his business over the years to become the success story that is The Beechworth Bakery. Tom presents with the sort of passion and character that you don't see every day.
- Excellent. Tom's presentation was inspirational and entertaining. He captured the attention of a young group of managers and held their focus for over the hour he spoke.
- Thanks for a wonderful session, and which really was John Cleese on steroids! It is amazing how these things work out, Tom's message dovetailed directly in with a number of our other presenters. It was truly entertaining. Thanks to Tom, we would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else.
PGA of Australia
- Tom was a terrific speaker, and provided a very lively diversion from the technical content of the conference. His dynamic style and obvious passion for what he does kept many in the audience on the edge of their seats throughout the presentation.
- Excellent. Very enthusiastic and down to earth with real life experiences.
Wendy's Super Sundaes
- Excellent. Tom captures your attention immediately with his very natural and down to earth approach. A very strong message that everyone can receive and act upon. 'Don't let the dreamtakers steal your dream'.
Lorraine Lea Linen Pty Ltd
- Excellent. Very motivational - good to finally hear from someone who is practicing what he preaches and has the runs on the board.
Terry White Chemists
- Excellent. Tom's animated style in delivering his message (on how to improve business) was both insightful and hilarious. It was the tonic we needed.
- Excellent. Exceeded all our expectations - hilariously fun and motivational yet filled with numerous business tips and words of wisdom. Reaches all levels. Highly Recommended.
WA Tourism Commission
- Personality plus. Great character. Great presentation. Excellent message. Unique style. Among many excellent presentations, yours was the highlight of the conference.
- Tom was thoroughly entertaining and so full of energy. All of our staff loved listening to his wonderful story.
Ray White Gold Coast
- Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Helping Communities in Crisis
- How to Grow a Business
- Ingredients for Success
- Mental Health and Wellness
- Refusing to be Ordinary
- Setting and Achieving Goals
- The Importance of Ongoing Learning and Training
- The Need to Invest in Yourself
- You Can't Drift Your Way to Success
"Great service, prompt attention and a real 'can do' attitude when it comes to urgent last minute requests."
Collins Debden Pty Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter