Tony is a business educator. His passionate practical, real life and enthusiastic style makes him an ideal speaker for the 'hard sessions' others do not want.
Considered an authority in the arenas of sales, marketing, negotiation and retail, Tony Gattari was born and raised in Sydney's outer Western suburbs to hard working Italian parents.
Deciding early on that he didn't want an ordinary life, Tony graduated from the University of Western Sydney with a business degree and secured a job as an organiser of Harvey Norman's computer and communications division. Within a few years he was promoted to general manager and increased the division's turnover from a healthy $12 million to a staggering $565 million.
At the height of his success, Tony left Harvey Norman and began his own venture - Smartbuy - in the field of online retailing. It was during this time that Tony's courage was really tested, as he was forced to overcome technology stock crashes, collapsed business partnerships, nervous investors and a myriad of other problems. He quickly learnt that attitude to adversity was what determined true success in life. Tony survived a 'perfect storm' of market trouble and emerged as the CEO of a profitable technology company, bringing nearly all of his original employees with him.
In March 2002, Tony stepped down as CEO of Uniqueworld to set up a new company, Achievers Group Pty Ltd. Some of his large business clients include Cisco, Australia Post, Gloria Jeans, Harvey Norman, LG Electronics, Sanyo, Mortgage Choice, Rebel Sport and many other names in addition to more than 110 small to medium sized businesses. Tony also spent one year working as a CEO of a public listed retailer.
Known as a 'doer', Tony is also a powerful business speaker who has educated thousands of business owners around the world. He is the co-author of Pillars of Business Success and Marketing Success and has contributed as a key author to Secrets of Tops Sales Professionals Exposed and Secrets of Marketing Experts Exposed. His articles are read by over 200,000 people every month. He has also starred in a number of business training products and created and presented a business building program on cable TV.
Client Comments for Tony Gattari
Tony Gattari travels from New South Wales Australia
- Tony was a great speaker and his presentation was interesting and enlightening. He has a great way attitude and a different way of approaching, which is great and well received. He also has great knowledge on his subjects so was definitely a lot to be learned.
- Tony Gattari, the young salesman credited with driving the Harvey Norman Group to dominance in computer sales, typifies the Harvey Norman style: straightforward, passionate, optimistic and an enthuser on a grand scale.
James Kirby; Gerry Harvey Biographer
- He first came into public view as the fast-talking sales hurricane behind Harvey Norman's computer superstores.
The Sydney Morning Herald
- I have had more positive feedback concerning your sessions, than anything we have ever done in the past.
- Tony creatively expands the realms of possibilities within individual lives. Tony genuinely builds people! Tony's dynamic and powerful presentations will challenge your motive, mindsets and practical management skills. A clear and concise communicator, Tony creatively expands the realms of possibilities within individual lives. Tony genuinely builds people! Encouraging, motivating and activating the heart to believe for more. Wherever life's journey finds you today - glean from the experience of an individual whose passion will propel your destiny! It has been such a privilege to walk with one, whose motivation exceeds the boundaries of 'self', whose voice resounds with truth and integrity.
Teen Challenge NSW Inc
- Tony is down to earth and people respond to that well. The staff was fascinated by the "real life" angle Tony uses.
- Your professionalism and enthusiasm shone through in your presentation and the audience left feeling inspired. It's a pleasure to hear someone who has such clear convictions and such clarity in communicating them.
North Sydney Chamber of Commerce
- Tony Passion and enthusiasm for this is the driving force behind what we learned. Everything said came from experience and humility. There was no quick fix or empty promises simply common sense ideas with an outstanding approach.
- Tony's enthusiasm, passion is passed on to the crowd and mixed humour with wisdom, knowledge, role plays and activities. He had me awake all the time with only 4 hours sleep.
- The guys here are unanimous in their praise for the workshop. They found it relevant; inspiring; accessible; and fun.
The Wine Society
- Tony is unique. He has a regular segment on our Business Essentials audio CDs and our subscribers love him. He knows sales better than anyone else we have used over 25 years. Not only has he achieved amazing results in the selling world he has the tremendous ability to teach others. He is a motivator extraordinaire because he has an ongoing passion and is an extremely likekable person.
- Tony has a passion for business with a desire to see business people and businesses succeed.He has built companies as a hands on operator and undestands setting vision, motivating the sales force, cashflows and marketing. Tony is the ultimate sales person.
- Tony's approach to work and life is to be admired. He openly tells people that he has made wrong business decisions in the past but it's those lessons that he has learnt from them, and more importantly, how he has overcome them, that makes what he teaches so much more valuable as well as entertaining. If you've never heard Tony speak before, do yourself a favour and get along to one of his many presentations. If you can't, buy his book! You won't regret it!
Fitzpatricks Financial Advisers
- Customer Service
- Time Management
"Quick responses, all info provided. Thanks, this is our second time and all was FAB."
Geelong Kindergarten Teachers Center
Subscribe to our newsletter