Tonya Roberts has worked as a journalist in both print and radio for almost a decade. She joined the ABC in 1991 and since then has worked in the rural and metropolitan current affairs departments in three states. In 1995 she began working at Melbourne radio station 774 ABC as the youngest ever on-air presenter, and now hosts its popular weekend show. She is in her fifth year on what is now the number one talk radio station in Melbourne, and her show has consistently rated top on Saturdays for the last two years.
Her chief areas of interest are women's affairs, education, sport and rural and regional affairs, and her show reflects these areas, with a focus on health, fitness, finance, gardening, home renovation, petcare and sport with guest experts and interactive talkback from 6am -12 noon each Saturday. Also this year Tonya has been among 30 young Victorians selected to participate in the Williamson Leadership Program.
Tonya is an experienced MC. She develops immediate rapport with the audience through her enthusiasm and wit and will ensure the smooth running of your dinner from start to finish.
Client Comments for Tonya Roberts
Tonya Roberts travels from Victoria Australia
- Tonya did not only fulfil her obligation as contracted to be the MC for our event but was also able to add value to this evening as well as add suggestions for future events. She was able to take things we had developed and comment on them based on her experience and knowing what worked well rather than letting things be.
- Tonya's contribution to the format of the evening as well as the professional and warm way in which she MC'ed the event contributed to a highly successful and enjoyable event.
MLC Parents Association
- Extremely well presented. Guests commented that they thought the whole event had been rehearsed because it ran so smoothly thanks to Tonya. We'd certainly look to use her again. Great job!
Haystac Public Affairs
- Tonya was well prepared and her professionalism and appreciation of the occasion was well received.
Chisholm Institute of TAFE
- Tonya's presentation was great. She had clearly put some effort into preparing for the event and it showed, particularly the language she used which aligned with what we had asked for in our discussions with Tonya. We were extremely pleased with how the event went.
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited
- Your impeccable presentation, preparation and judgement about our audience ensured the success of our evening.
- We were thrilled to have Tonya Roberts MC our event. Her interest in the event and the day and her Mcing were excellent.
City of Melbourne
- The students valued her ideas and she was a great role model for women.
Strathcona Baptist Girls Grammar School
- Tonya is an expert communicator. She immediately established a warm friendly rapport with the business/community leaders present, and elicited interesting responses from every participant. Through her excellent facilitation, the session flowed freely, and all our aims were met to a very high standard.
- Tonya was wonderful to deal with and great with the audience.
Conference of Major Superannuation Funds
- Tonya was as always the consummate professional. She is well prepared, intelligent, warm and engaging. We have total confidence in her ability to keep things moving in a seamless manner. We love her.
Deakin University School of Nursing
- Extremely well prepared. Rewrote material to suit her style, fantastic! No one has done that before.
- Achievement or Fulfilment - Must Women Choose?
- Education and Empowerment
- Making the Media Work For You
- The Career/Family Balance