Tottie Goldsmith’s career in the entertainment industry began when she was 17 years of age and as an actress, Tottie has landed regular and guest roles in Australia’s most popular television shows, theatre productions and feature film. She was the founding band member of The Chantoozies and toured Australia many times and sold over 200,000 records.
Continuing as a house-hold name in the entertainment industry, Tottie has recently turned her attention to the wellness industry. From an abnormal upbringing and the high pressure, rollercoaster of the entertainment industry, Tottie ended up with the over-achievers illness, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1997. Three years with this lonely illness, she had to get herself well and stay on track, and she did this through meditation. With the need to find wellness and balance in her own life, Tottie is now passionate about helping others through corporate speaking appearances and her wellness CD’s.
Tottie has written and recorded 3 CDs so far, a deep relaxation CD “Unwind Your Mind” (played on Qantas Inflight Oasis channel) , “Falling Asleep” (written with sleep scientist Chris Bunney), and “A Sleep Story” (a children’s self soothing CD written with child psychologist Dr Rosemery Steins). On each of these CD’s, Tottie’s soothing voice leads you through different techniques to help with deep relaxation and sleep for adults and children. The CD’s are stocked in various outlets such as day spas, hotels, pharmacies, doctors’ surgeries and Peter Alexander stores.
The corporate market has embraced Tottie and she has addressed audiences for companies including RetireInvest, McDonald’s and Holden. She has hosted numerous charity events including Clown Doctors, RVIB Ball, Starry Starry Nights, TLC for Kids and the annual Mothers Day Comedy Debate for Melbourne University.
Client Comments for Tottie Goldsmith
Tottie Goldsmith travels from AustraliaAustralia
- Over the 11 years of holding this annual event we have had a number of excellent individuals performing this role, but Tottie was perhaps the best MC we have had. Tottie immediately engaged the audience who, uncharacteristically, remained quiet when she spoke. She was funny, matching wits with well-known comedians such as Mary Coustas, she was extremely professional and able to convey the important message with great humour.
The University of Melbourne
- Tottie is willing to go out of her way to make things work for her clients. She's easy to deal with, accessible and knows how to work the crowd. She has done a terrific job with Starry Starry Night for the past two years and has assisted The Alannah & Madeline Foundation to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Thrive PR + Communications
- I have to tell you what a joy Tottie was! She was absolutely delightful and very professional. Even though Tottie and Vince Sorrenti had never actually worked together, they certainly gelled on stage and looked as though they had been doing it for ages!! Tottie's ability to read the crowd was great. Real estate people can be quite tough but she had them feeding out of her hand. I think I can safely say, she was a hit with the Stockdale & Leggo franchisees!
- When Tottie speaks, she speaks from the heart. It's not just about facts and figures. She encompasses her own life experiences into the workshop. She is genuinely interested in sharing with everyone what she has learnt and developed over the years. In every group there are skeptics, however Tottie's genuine compassion won everyone over. Tottie's workshops aren't about her, and it wasn't about me, it's about everyone. We received exceptionally positive feedback from our corporate clients.
- Thank you so much for your particpation in Camp Lyall last week, the feed back for your portion was fantastic and requests for more meditation through the week were forthcoming.
The Lyall Hotel
- Many prisoners are unfamiliar with techniques required for job searching, job applications and for interviews, particularly after a period of incarceration. Pre release / transitional programs build on the tangible skills that a prisoner will require for the job market, it also increases confidence, self esteem and breaks down the fear of the whole experience that comes with being out of practice / out of the community.
On April 14th 2005, Tottie Goldsmith volunteered as the motivational Guest Speaker for the day discussing stress and their triggers, the advantage of meditation as well as sharing her story. Her approach to this delicate topic was warm, open and friendly which captivated the women who were transfixed on her for one hour, which is a mean feat on its own.
Tottie showed warmth towards the women, which to some was foreign. The motivational level of the women that attended has lifted, with most looking to link with support services and programs that will allow them a better chance at community integration upon release.
Thank you Tottie for volunteering your time and showing the women that I work with on a daily basis that they are worthy and valued as women, and that even though they have sometimes made bad choices, every day is a new day and they can with a little bit of personal development and encouragement not only dream, but their dreams could become reality
The talk with Tottie Goldsmith was absolutely so inspirational and encouraging. It helped to point out quite a few home truths, it was really relevant. I cannot believe that she took the time out to speak to us, Thank you for a great day
This comment echo's the feedback from the 22 women who attended the Employment Expo on April 14th.
Phyllis Frost Centre
"Fast and efficient. Really friendly and catered to our needs at the last minute."
Corcordis Chartered Accountants
Subscribe to our newsletter