Always one of Australia's most talented vocalists, Vanessa Amorosi's recent open-armed embrace of new experiences and big vision has led to her creating some of her finest and most innovative work to date. With 11 ARIA Award nominations and one prestigious APRA Award under her belt, Amorosi continues to astound critics and audiences alike with her fun yet honest music and vibrant personality. Vanessa has sold over 1.5 million records worldwide, reaching an almost unheard of success in 1998 when her debut single 'Have A Look' went Gold after only seven weeks in the ARIA charts. This achievement was followed by mega-hits in Australia and Europe with 'Absolutely Everybody' and 'Shine', with her album The Power reaching #1 in Australia.
Following this success, Vanessa enjoyed career highlights including everything from performing at the Sydney Olympics and the Manchester Commonwealth Games, to touring Europe with Joe Cocker and receiving a vast collection of awards both within Australia and internationally.
2009 saw the release of Vanessa's most successful album so far, the Platinum selling Hazardous. The album debuted in the top 10, achieving Gold status in the first week and continued to sell to gain Platinum sales. The first single to be released, 'This Is Who I Am', debuted at #1 on the ARIA singles chart and achieved Double Platinum sales. To date, the single has sold over 150,000 units in Australia alone and continues to be played nationwide. 'Hazardous' the single was equally successful, achieving Gold status. After a thrilling first week of sales, Vanessa was the first artist in 2009 to debut at #1 on the Australian Singles Chart. This made her the first Australian female to achieve this debut since 2007 when Kylie Minogue gained the accolade. The single remained at #1 for three weeks, the first since Silverchair's 'Straight Lines' in 2007. 'Mr Mysterious',
the third single from the album, was a top 5 ARIA single, achieving Platinum sales and was the #1 most added song by an Australian artist at the time of release.
Vanessa's career has featured many outstanding achievements including her hit single 'Perfect' being nominated for APRA's 'Most Performed Song'. The single has recently been given the illustrious title of Most Played Song on Radio by an Australian artist in the past decade (114 weeks on 29th June 2011), an accolade only beaten internationally by two other artists - Coldplay and Kings of Leon. She has also had the honour of recording duets with superstar Mary J Blige and Hoobastank. Vanessa has toured nationally to over one million people, becoming the #1 female Australian live touring act (alongside Rob Thomas and Jimmy Barnes).
2011 proved to be an even bigger year. After working in LA, Sweden and London, writing with some of the world's best including Linda Perry, Jimmy Harry, Nikey Ovolson, Robin Lynch, John Fields and Steve Diamond, Vanessa produced a feelgood, fun, honest and liberating album.
Approaching her brave new musical world with the confidence and self-belief of someone with the track record and talent to back it up, Amorosi found the perfect foil in Swedes Niklas Olovson and Robin Lynch, best known as the songwriting and production powerhouse MachoPsycho and the team behind Pink's 'Stupid Girls'. The team worked together on Amorosi's 2009 album and joined forces once again to write and produce the majority of 2012's V.
'This album is extremely different once again. It's liberating for me and a real 'feel good' album', Vanessa stated. 'I wanted to get some positive messages out there... I wanted people to connect and relate with me through my life experiences.'
Client Comments for Vanessa Amorosi
Vanessa Amorosi travels from AustraliaAustralia
- I am delighted that Universal have signed Vanessa Amorosi, as she is one of the truly great singers in the world today. I worked with her on the Absolutely Everybody album outside of Australia, and it's good to be reunited with her.
Max Hole, Senior VP Marketing & A&R Universal Music International
- Vanessa is a world class singer with a one-in-a-million tone in her voice.
Ron Fair, Chairman, Geffen
- I truly believe Vanessa is one of the greatest vocalists in the world today. Her songs and demos for the new album absolutely blew me away and I couldn't be more excited to be working with Vanessa.
George Ash, Managing Director, Universal Music Australia
- Vanessa has taken Germany by storm with her outstanding voice and beautiful songs. It's a great pleasure to have her back in the Universal family.
Thorsten Koenig, Managing Director, Universal Music Germany
- She was a household name at only 23 and with huge hit singles, such as 'Have A Look', 'Absolutely Everybody' and 'Shine', Vanessa Amorosi has always been set for a long music career, with a million albums sold in Europe and Australia she is poised for a return to the top of the charts.
Sunday Herald Sun
- From the opening lyrics of Have A Look over a decade ago, to the killer pop of Who I Am from last year, The Today Network and Austereo have always loved Vanessa Amorosi. Still the best female vocalist in Australia, Vanessa has nailed exactly what it takes to make the pitch-perfect, three minute pop songs which connect with our listeners every time.
- Vanessa Amorosi can stop people in their tracks with her voice.
- She wears clothes she likes, speaks her mind and admits she is more afraid of journalists than she is of performing for four billion people, Olympics-style.
The Newcastle Herald
- We were having dinner at the RCM Christmas party and she just got up on stage and sat down very relaxed and with no warning she started to sing and at this point I realised that I had witnessed a miracle... a voice.
"Easy to deal with and very professional. Great service."
Retirement Village Association Ltd
Subscribe to our newsletter