Sir Murray Rivers QC
Sir Murray Rivers QC (Retired) is one of Australia's most controversial legal and political figures. He is a former Victorian Supreme Court Judge and an outspoken media commentator on ABC Radio.
He is currently 'Ambassador At Large' for the Liberal Party, touring the colony and addressing the party faithful on the current state of the colony. His wide ranging address is constantly updated and includes current, topical subjects ranging from Corporate Governance and Ethics, to his views on IVF programs, the Opposition parties, the state of the unemployed, the environment and whatever else he feels he might like to pontificate on to a grateful nation.
After Kevin Rudd's election win in late 2007, Sir Murray Rivers, as head of the Liberal's 'dirty tricks' department, is being sent out across the colony to drum up support amongst the peasants by reminding the waverers of the successes of the Howard Miracle, while at the same time laying as much dirt on Kevin Rudd and the Labor Party as is humanly possible to ensure such an insufferable outcome never occurs again.
He is currently advising the new Liberal Party leader Dr Nelson on etiquette and brevity.
Sir Murray is, of course, one of the stage persona of celebrated satirist Bryan Dawe.
Client Comments for Murray Rivers
Murray Rivers travels from Victoria Australia
- Highly professional performance, kept the audience laughing even after the performance was over.
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Bryan's relaxed manner and easy style of entertainment hit the right note with information - overloaded Conference delegates. A pleasure to deal with.
- Bryan judged his audience, and consequently his material, perfectly. His performance was frequently interrupted by audience applause. An outstanding comic actor at the height of his profession.
Jenny Macklin, Federal Member for Jagajaga
- Excellent preparation and presentation, with a thorough grasp of complex issues. He was much appreciated.
Law Institute of Victoria
- I thoroughly enjoyed your presentation, and your characterisations are obviously going to be the most popular of the conference. Bunnings senior staff had no idea the character was not real - all enjoyed it enormously.
Bunnings Bangkok Capers Conference
- Bryan chose an applicable subject - 'change' - and thoroughly entertained the audience after a lengthy weekend. He mixed with the audience afterwards, which conference participants enjoyed.
- The gift of your brilliance and wit was wonderful. Your contribution was the highlight of the evening. The pace and sharpness of your wit and observations left everyone breathless from laughter and longing for more.
Cystic Fibrosis Association of Victoria
- Wonderful, vintage 'Sir Murray'. The jokes just kept on coming... the audience loved every moment.
National Museum of Australia
- Bryan was a delight, not only to the audience but also in his dealings with myself before the event began. Professional, very approachable, had the audience captivated and in fits of laughter. Contents of performance from wording, dress, makeup and approach to the crowd could not be faulted. Wonderful that he took the time to meet our Chairman and CEO before the performance and mingled with the crowd afterwards. Cannot speak highly enough.
Glenelg Hopkins Catchment Management Authority
- Your comical act was enjoyed by all with many guests commenting that it has been a long time since they have laughed so much.
- Sir Murray Rivers was an excellent choice both to inject humour and 'colour' to the session.
"Saxton's staff are responsive, professional and a pleasure to work with. The service was flawless."
Subscribe to our newsletter