As a clinical psychologist, Andrew Fuller works with many organisations, schools and communities in Australia and internationally, specialising in the wellbeing of people, teams and families. He is Director of Resilient Youth Australia that works with 600 communities and 91,000 young people. He is also Fellow at the University of Melbourne.
Andrew has been the scientific consultant for the ABC on a 5 episode series called Whatever: the science of the teenage brain. He has also been a principal consultant to the national drug prevention strategy REDI, the ABC on children’s television shows, is an Ambassador for Mind Matters and is a member of the National Coalition Against Bullying.
The concept of 'resilience' offers a coherent framework for the creation of schools that are sensitive to the developmental needs of young people and their teachers. As Andrew describes, resilience is 'the happy knack of being able to bungy jump through the pitfalls of life - to rise above adversity and obstacles.'
Andrew’s most recent book is “Unlocking Your Child’s Genius” published in ten languages,. He is the author of TRICKY KIDS which has been now published in nineteen languages, Tricky Teens “Life: A Guide” TRICKY PEOPLE, GUERILLA TACTICS FOR TEACHERS, RAISING REAL PEOPLE (ACER), FROM SURVIVING TO THRIVING (ACER), WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER and BEATING BULLIES. Andrew has also co-authored a series of programs for the promotion of resilience and emotional intelligence used in over 3500 schools in Britain and Australia called THE HEART MASTERS.
Andrew has established programs for the promotion of mental health in schools, substance abuse prevention, and the reduction of violence and bullying, suicide prevention programs and for assisting homeless young people. Andrew continues to counsel young people.
Client Comments for Andrew Fuller
Andrew Fuller travels from Victoria Australia
- Andrew was terrific - he went over very well and was enthralling...
Mater Health Services Limited
- Andrew is an outstanding speaker and entertainer.
Wangaratta High School
- Andrew was very engaging , entertaining and positive.
- Andrew spoke to our parent body and staff members and hit the mark for both groups. He was very engaging and informative, and his relaxed style had us all at ease with him and open to the information he gave.
St Peters Lutheran College
- The Learning Brain
- Designing learning experiences that work
- Mindset- the psychology of success
- Understanding Yourself and Others
- Powerfully Positive Conversations
- Guerrilla Tactics for Teachers
- Tricky Kids
- Brain Systems Approaches to Behavioural Issues
- The Secrets of Engagement
- Tricky People, Tricky Behaviours
- Resilience and well-being across the life span
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Cyber doctors - a strategy for cyber safety in schools
- For parents and students together: Understanding and Using Your Brain Thriving in the Senior Years of School
- For parents: Shaping Your Child's Genius Building resilience in children Brain based learning for parents Valuing Girls Valuing Boys Guerrilla Tactics for Parents Raising Real People Creating Resilient Families
- For young people: Mind set- the psychology of success- how to sharpen your brain for success in life. Change Your Mind- a session designed to equip young people with the psychological skills to build mental health and well-being
- Maximise your marks
- Resilience Ambassadors
- Specialist Seminars on: Understanding Aspergers, ADD, ADHD and developing concentration, counselling, depression and anxiety anger, aggression and violence effective bullying and cyber bullying prevention and intervention
- Violence and Bullying Prevention
Topic SynopsesThe Learning Brain
How teachers can use research from neuroscience to increase learning outcomes.
Designing Learning Experiences that Work
Building memory, attention, concentration, transfer and organisational skills in students These strategies can be implemented by teachers in their classrooms the next day.
Mindset - The Psychology of Success
How to help and coach young people to overcome fear of failure anxiety and low motivation to engage with meaningful goals and experience success.
Understanding Yourself and Others
A comprehensive course in emotional intelligence for anyone working with people.
Powerfully Positive Conversations
Creating change involves engaging people in conversations that open up possibilities and lead to action. This presentation is a practical 'how to' facilitate effective conversations.
Guerilla Tactics for Teachers
A collection of strategies and nifty tricks for not just surviving but thriving in the education business. Suitable for teachers
with all ranges of experiences and includes how to create great student outcomes.
Looks the different types of students that present behavioural challenges and how to handle them.
Brain Systems Approaches to Behavioural Issues
The secrets of creating behavioural change in hard to engage and harder to control students.
The Secrets of Engagement
Using research on neurochemistry and brain patterns to engage people.
Tricky People, Tricky Behaviours
How to deal with horrible types before they ruin your life. Whether they are parents, colleagues or family members,
this presentation equips people with the skills to deflect and deal with the angry the bewildered and the self-obsessed.
Resilience and well being across the life span
How to live a great life and promote resilience for all people.
"I can't think of one thing that I would change - the team were brilliant."
Subscribe to our newsletter
"The greatest blunders, like the thickest ropes, are often compounded of a multitude of strands. Take the rope apart, separate it into the small threads that compose it, and you can break them one by one. You think, 'That is all there was!' But twist them all together and you have something tremendous."