News Ltd Telstra Micro Business Award winner Arron Wood is both an entertaining and informative keynote speaker and a highly capable emcee and event facilitator. With Arron being the face of your event you’ll rest assured that the event will be exciting, on schedule, high energy, deliver on your key event messages and generate excellent delegate feedback.
Arron's insight and ability to identify emerging green markets and risks to existing markets has seen him speak at the Australasian Mutuals Institute Annual Conference, the KPMG Graduate Induction and the Ernst and Young Human Capital Forum, to name but a few. He has been very well received by clients such as Sony Australia and emceed events for Commonwealth Bank, CPA Australia, business breakfasts and Microsoft.
As the 2007 Prime Minister’s Environmentalist of the Year Award winner Arron speaks passionately about the need for Australian businesses to be at the forefront of the new green economy to secure the nation as an environmental knowledge and technology leader. Whether it is advising 700 local government executives from around the world on how to see sustainability as an opportunity or speaking at the National Business Leaders Forum on Re-calibrating the Risk From Climate Change Arron's leading edge understanding coupled with global experience on sustainability issues results in constant demand for his talents across a wide variety of industries, community groups and government organisations.
Arron is currently the founder and Managing Director of Firestarter Pty Ltd, an environmental communication and education consultancy business. He initiated and now runs the highly successful Kids Teaching Kids Program for students from around the world which has attracted $30 million in funding over the 16 year life of the project (single-handedly raised by Arron) and seen 95,000 students participate in the program. Kids Teaching Kids won the prestigious 2010 People’s Choice Banksia Award chosen from 55 finalists across 10 categories. More about Arron Wood
- Councillor for the City of Melbourne, Chair of the Environment and Deputy Chair of Economic Development portfolios.
- Board Member of the Port Phillip and Westernport Catchment Management Authority
- Board Member of Sustainability Victoria
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- 2012 WME Magazine Leaders List
- 2012 Appointed as the youngest Governor of University College (Melbourne University)
- For many years Arron was the weekly environment reporter on radio 3AW and appeared fortnightly on Network TEN's morning show 9am with David and Kim and The Circle presenting a popular segment updating all things environment
- Released his autobiography 'Billabong Boy' published by New Holland. Arron first book 'Inspiring the Next Young Environmental Leader. Kids Teaching Kids – Addressing Our Environment Crisis' has sold 5,000 copies
- Named in the top ten education leaders nationally in 2009 as part of The Weekend Australian Magazine
- 2008 Churchill Fellowship to New York and Geneva working with the United Nations
- 2007 Melbourne Business Award for Contribution to the Environment.
- 2006 United Nations Individual Award for Outstanding Service to the Environment
- Appointed by Lord Mayor Robert Doyle to the high level Enterprise Melbourne Advisory Board to attract sustainable investment to Melbourne
- Previous Clean Up the World Ambassador with David De Rothschild and Celine Cousteau
- Member of the Future Melbourne Reference Committee which decided the current vision for Melbourne.
- Arron's commitment to the environment was covered on ABC's Australian Story and he hosted and co-produced Channel Seven documentary Our Water, Our Future, which you can see on Aaron's video tab.
- One of the ten Friday Magazine's Most Inspirational People for 2003, which included people like Steve Irwin and Troy Cassar-Daley
- 2003 Centenary Medal for outstanding contribution to conservation and the environment, awarded by the Governor-General
- 2001 Young Australian of the Year (Environment)
- Arron has appeared on Network TEN's Totally Wild, and Channel 7's Sunrise and Saturday Disney. In 2001 he was chosen as the Australian representative for the 25 most inspirational 25 year olds from around the world as profiled in French Canadian Magazine, La Actualite'.
- Selected to complete Al Gore's Climate Change Leadership Program
Client Comments for Arron Wood
- Arron was very easy to brief and liaise with. He read the audience very well and presented himself and the night in a very friendly, uplifting and proud manor. His experience was very well suited to the event and the theme. I recommend Arron for any future opportunities that come his way.
River Health Incentives Program
- As our Master of Ceremonies Arron Wood provided a professional yet entertaining interface between the Congress sessions and during the Gala Dinner, always ensuring our delegates were engaged. The flexible manner to which he worked with us and the INC was most appreciated, especially when responding to last minute changes as they arose in the fluid Congress environment. He was so well received by our delegates and absolutely helped to pull the whole Congress together.
ICMS Australasia Pty Ltd
- We had Arron Wood as our host for the 2014 INC World Nut and Dried Fruit Congress at Crown, Melbourne over three days culminating in a gala dinner for over 1000 guests. I really enjoyed the opportunity to work with such a professional. Arron added another dimension to the event. He grasped our content and threw it back at the international delegates from over 50 countries with a true Aussie twist. They loved it!
INC Dried Fruit and Nut Association
- Arron was a fabulous MC for KABV Tidy Towns 2013 he ensured the audience enjoyed the night and was a pleasure to work with. He was professional, respectful and well informed. Arron also provided insight and understanding of sustainability and life in regional Victoria. Feedback from attendees has been very positive.
- Arron was not only educational, but entertaining, friendly and enthusiastic about both being back in the area in which he grew up, speaking on behalf of the CMA about environment, sustainability and landcare. He held the audience enthralled in all he had to communicate, gained the participation of the crowd and was happy to sit with the attendees and speak with them throughout the day and evening prior. A lovely and genuine person and we would be honoured to host Arron again in the future.
Murray Catchment Management Authority
- We had a lot of very positive feedback from the attendees regarding Arron's presentation. Very well delivered and encompassed a broad topic while providing some excellent examples of why engaging communities is so important and what local government can achieve to make lasting change. Very attentive to our needs as a brand in delivering the event and those of the target audience attending.
Leader Community Newspapers
- I had heard feedback from several of my associates prior to booking Arron and his presentation did not disappoint. He expressed his opinions on topics that can be controversial but in such a way that it was not confronting to those who may have had opposing views. His presentation covered a lot of material but was delivered in a very relaxed and charismatic style that made Arron an excellent speaker for almost any audience.
Fitzroy Basin Association
- Arron is a true professional and an absolute dream to work with - I cannot recommend him highly enough. His time management is impeccable (and took the pressure off us as the organisers in a BIG way), his preparation is spot on and his manner is engaging, informed and open. Arron single-handedly ensured the smooth running of the conference, and 100% eliminated any on-the-day stresses or pressures that event organisers are all too familiar with.
Association and Communication Events
- With Arron as MC, I didn't have to worry about a thing. He ran the day to perfect time, met and briefed all the speakers prior to their presentation, and managed over 20 Q&A sessions (taking questions from over 1000 delegates and also from the live Twitter stream - achieving a great balance). He was also extremely well prepared for the day, which eliminated any 'last minute rush' and meant I was 100% confident in his ability to be the 'face' of our event. Working with Arron meant I could concentrate on running the overall event, without worrying what was happening on stage carrying any concerns about running over time. Arron's has an extremely strong work ethic - he treated speakers and audience with respect good humour, and his professionalism was a major value-add to our event. I would not hesitate to recommend him as an MC, and look forward to continuing our working relationship.
- Arron was the perfect fit as guest speaker for GOTAFE's four graduation events in 2012. His youthful enthusiasm and positive energy were infectious and he successfully engaged audiences that varied widely in age, employment and culture. Arron's presentation was highly inspiring and he related it with passion, honesty and, most importantly, a sense of humour. Arron is a complete professional and a pleasure to work with. Nothing was too much trouble and he was exactly on brief in terms of his presentation's content and timing.
Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE
- Arron made a very relevant, engaging and inspiring talk to our coastal volunteers. The casual, laid back talk was totally appropriate for our event and he made attendees feel valuable and special - which was what we wanted as an outcome for the evening. Sharing his personal coastal experiences and providing tips for volunteer groups to engage and retain new members was particularly useful. Arron's words were a highlight of the event.
Department of Sustainability & Environment
- Arron was very engaging, funny and professional in his approach.
- Arron was a very entertaining Master of Ceremony. He was great at warming up the crowd, speaking confidently, articulate, clear, made great jokes and anecdotes, keeping the audience interested and inspired. He had a real stage presence and kept the pace of the night going quickly and smoothly.
- Fantastic speaker, funny, engaging. I think Arron was the best speaker yet and I have been attending [this event} for around four years.
- Arron is always relevant and to the point. We can tell he understands and cares about our apprentices, trainees and hosts, which are the people we are rewarding at our Annual Awards Night.
Apprenticeship & Traineeship Employment Partners - ATEP
- Arron was an amazing MC and really connected with our group.
- It was obvious fairly early on that Arron Wood was a leader. I think he'd be eminently suited for Federal politics.
Barry Bishop, Victorian MP
- He's a bit like a Labrador pup on occasions with his sheer enjoyment of what he's doing.
Lawrie Kirk, Murray Darling Basin Commission
- Australian Story is about a man, named Arron Wood, who has been described by both sides of politics as one of Australia's next generation of leaders.
ABC Australian Story
- Arron Wood is one of those remarkable people who, at 28, make you wonder what the hell you've been doing with your life. This environmentalist is a natural leader, chased by both ends of the political spectrum. He is best known for founding the International River Health Conference and environmental educational campaigns for children…
The Weekend Australian
- Arron spoke with passion and enthusiasm for the topic. His presentation was delivered at an appropriate level for the target audience.
Aspley State High School
- Aaron was flexible and happy to work with the constraints of Council and the available equipment. He connected with the students on a one to one basis and gained their interest and confidence. In the wrap up session he encouraged them to talk about their individual projects and advised them on how to move ahead. It was wonderful to see him surrounded by the students at the conclusion and there were many photo opportunities with cameras flashing everywhere.
Wingecarribee Shire Council
- I wasn't in the room when Arron spoke but here are some comments I got from people regarding Aarons speech;
"best speaker ever and anywhere" and
"he was fantastic - better than fantastic"
- He was extremely appropriate for the target audience.
Moira Shire Council
- When I heard the Distinguished Speaker Series was about the environment, I must admit I was not looking forward to it. Yes, it s an important topic but also one that can be very boring. Arron Wood was a great presenter and made it interesting, engaging and relevant. So, thank you guys for having him this semester and making me for once, listen to what is going on with our environment.
Macquarie University, Distinguished Speaker Series
- Arron Wood was fantastic. He was dynamic, passionate, knowledgeable and interesting, and his content was not only good in highlighting important environmental issues, but incorporated transferable leadership information too.
Macquarie University, Distinguished Speaker Series
- Thank you so much for such an amazing presentation; already many students have suggested this was the most inspirational speaker series they have attended and many felt you were speaking personally to them.
- Speaker received a standing ovation. Very popular, connected well with the audience. Will book again
Curtin University of Technology
- I have received positive feedback from students and also staff that Arron's presentation was highly appropriate and enjoyable for the audience. Thank you for making our event very special.
The University of Melbourne
- He spoke very passionately about the environment. He also spoke very clearly and used easy-to-understand language, which I think is important when speaking to a mixed audience.
Department of Justice
- Arron was fantastic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable, he pulled it off beautifully! Very professional and great to work with. Feedback from attendees clearly indicated he was a crowd winner!
Department of Health, Health Protection Unit
- Arron was an excellent fit with the Qenos iTransform awards. He made a special effort to get to know our business prior to the event by coming to meet the team and get an understanding of the event and what it meant to Qenos employees. Feedback has been fantastic. Arron provided a real warmth as MC and had a tangible environmental knowledge that transpired throughout the evening.
- Building Resilience in Business
- Future Business
- Small Business
- Sustainability and Environment
- Master of Ceremonies
- Business Success - Unlocking Your Potential
- Community Building through Involving Young People and Different Cultures
- Father and Son
- Kids Teaching Kids
- Motivation to Achieve
- Peer Teaching in Education
- Starting your own Business
Topic SynopsesBuilding Resilience in Business
Arron Wood shares the personal battles he has faced by providing inspiration to anyone who has ever felt as though they’re unable to overcome adversity. From facing schoolyard bullies, battling low self-esteem and ultimately having to deal with depression and anxiety while running a business. Arron's path to his current success has been filled with obstacles that many people will have experienced themselves, however he has managed to turn his business (most people think should be voluntary charity) into social entrepreneurism with millions in annual turnover.
A look at macro issues and the changing global economy and what that means for sound business strategy. How to maximise the opportunities and minimise the risk in periods of uncertainty, with specific insight into emerging industries.
As a successful small business founder and Managing Director Arron relates very well to the SME sector and is a great addition to any business conference, industry breakfast or awards event. His presentations show empathy and affinity with really varied audiences. Arron has a unique way of understanding what your delegates or guests wish to gain from your event.
Sustainability and Environment
Very popular with local government, community organisations and large state government department’s Arron has nearly 20 years’ experience in all aspects of the sustainability sector. His numerous Board positions and senior appointments at a relatively young age give him particular insight into how to make things happen and drive project success.
Master Of Ceremonies
Arron is a highly capable emcee with many years’ experience across varied topics and events. Arron ensures a headache free event for the event host or manager. On schedule, entertaining, informative and pre event workshopping of your conference or event program. Having run many events himself Arron understands the critical role of emcee, how to work with your presenters, sponsors and understanding your event objectives.
"The service was impeccable."
Subscribe to our newsletter