Carman's founder Carolyn Creswell is an inspirational leader. Her success proves that you can run a multinational business, still love what you do and have a genuine work-life balance. Carolyn has grown Carman's from a local business to the number one selling gourmet muesli brand on Australian supermarket shelves.
Over two decades, Carolyn has focused on producing delicious products using real ingredients. Carman’s has grown from humble beginnings and Carolyn’s determination has seen Carman's build a strong following in more than 32 countries around the world.
As a proud mother, Carolyn understands the importance of producing nourishing foods for herself and her family and applies this philosophy to every Carman's product. With her husband Peter, she has raised four children aged 12 and under.
Carolyn's commitment to a healthy work-life balance is reflected at the Carman's office. Many employees work flexible hours, are encouraged to attend their children's special events and even take time out to pursue their passions.
Carman’s has recently celebrated its 24th birthday. Carolyn's business acumen has led to a number of accolades, including being named the 2012 Telstra Australian Business Woman of the Year and the 2007 winner of Ernst & Young's Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. She is also a graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Carolyn sits on the Boards of The Stephanie Alexander's Kitchen Garden Foundation and the Human Rights Law Centre. She is an Ambassador for the Asylum Seekers Resource Centre and Smiling Mind. Most recently, she accepted the position of Patron of the St Kilda Gatehouse. Carolyn’s business success has also seen her move into the public eye, appearing as a judge on Channel 10’s TV program, Recipe to Riches.
Client Comments for Carolyn Creswell
- I wanted to personally congratulate you on your talk from Tuesday's women's luncheon as well as congratulate you on your business success. I don't get impressed very easily by speakers and being in marketing have heard many people over the years talk about their successes.
It was a delight to listen to you on Tuesday and it was very motivating. You are about the same age as me and I have one child and consider myself to have had a successful marketing career. I have just returned to work part time and I am not sure how you juggle 3 children and a business of your size. There are not many successful business woman around and it is always a delight to hear one speak.
I have reported back to my partnership some of your fabulous tips. I wish you further success in the future and hopefully our paths will cross again.
Collins & Co
- I just wanted to give you a big thank you for your inspirational talk today... You gave a wonderful speech and showed us to make a difference and enjoy the moment... and that women do not have to completely sacrifice family for work and vice versa.
- A very warm and engaging speaker who hit the mark with the home-based, small businesses present at the Maroondah Business Breakfast. Carolyn brought with her a visually appealing presentation with points of difference that hit a cord with the audience, the feedback has been outstanding and we would have no hesitation in recommending her. A lovely touch were the muesli bars that she bought along for everyone to take home - she walks the talk!
Maroondah City Council
- Carolyn was the perfect choice for our event and the ideal mix of entertaining, inspiring, informative and also very down to earth and relevant for our target audience. I am confident that the current and aspiring business operators at the event would have taken home invaluable insights from the session and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Carolyn to others seeking an engaging women in business speaker.
Banyule City Council
- Achieving true work-life balance: how a hands-on mother of four young children runs a multinational company
- Carolyn's story: how she turned $1,000 into a highly successful multinational company
- Easy, genuine, cost-effective ways to become an employer-of-choice for women
- Staff retention and how to empower staff to build an autonomous team
- The Carman's way of doing business
"Saxton is an excellent firm to deal with. Everything is taken care of in a professional manner. It is a delight to work with you it makes the whole process so much easier."
Eastern Regional Libraries
Subscribe to our newsletter