Darryl Lovegrove is an award-winning vocalist, keynote speaker and entrepreneur who has been wowing corporate, theatrical and event audiences for over 20 years with his powerful voice and charisma. Having a truly talented singer who can perform in almost any musical style and also skilfully MC an event is a sure-fire way to keep guests well entertained.
The keynote speaker
As an inspirational keynote speaker, Darryl Lovegrove is the perfect opener, closer or after dinner speaker at any conference, incentive or corporate event.
The name 'Darryl Lovegrove' is synonymous with entrepreneurialism, quality and innovation in the events industry. Co-creator of world-famous corporate entertainment sensation The Three Waiters, Darryl started with a simple entertainment concept and ended up with a global business that revolutionised corporate entertainment around the world!
Darryl is frequently rated the top speaker at conferences. A compelling story in itself, his presentation is topped-off by the performance of live operatic arias which audiences have described as 'uplifting', 'inspiring' and 'nothing but extraordinary'!
In 1999 two actors were inspired by the world's greatest opera singers The Three Tenors and conceived a simple entertainment concept called The Three Waiters. An instant hit in the events industry, the act grew so quickly that only a few years later they had established offices in Sydney, Los Angeles, London, New York and Bogata, Colombia. Seen by more than three million people worldwide, their 'simple concept' became a global brand that remains a thriving enterprise.
With the Australian and British branches a huge success, the American branch was on the eve of being launched when the 9/11 terror attacks struck the United States and crippled the American events industry overnight. Faced with only two choices: lose a significant financial investment by going back home or commit to the American business despite the obvious challenges, Darryl chose the latter, The Three Waiters going on to win several prestigious American Awards, hand-picked to perform for their original inspiration The Three Tenors and revolutionising corporate entertainment around the world. Highlighting how the core element that got him through this period was resilience, Darryl also discusses the importance of goal setting, remaining passionate, embracing change and taking personal responsibility, in all business endeavours.
Darryl's story is told in an honest and easy conversational style that all audiences can relate to. Cutting through corporate jargon, he provides an injection of real inspiration and motivation. His messages of pro-activity, leadership, quality control and focus are universal to businesses big or small and everyone comes away having picked up a pearl of wisdom.
Being a passionate believer in the power of music to engage an audience, and an award winning vocalist, Darryl performs operatic arias throughout his keynote, concluding with a performance of Puccini's legendary Nessun Dorma. No matter the industry or size of the audience, people unanimously report this to be an 'unexpected thrill' that takes them away from their everyday experience, leaving them motivated and inspired and feeling as if they can achieve anything!
The MC and solo performer
Also available as an MC, Darryl enters the room singing the Toreador song from the Carmen. A dynamic, uplifting and surprising way to start your event, this immediately signals to guests that they are in for something different! He then assumes official MC duties and at an appropriate point in the event, Darryl can also incorporate a solo performance ranging from one or two songs through to a full 25 minute feature show. Drawing on his vast repertoire from opera and musical theatre and sung with his trademark powerful voice, he delivers a truly stand-out event.
Most noted for his portrayal of Jesus in Jesus Christ Superstar in both Australia and New Zealand, he received NZ's Entertainer of the Year Rising Star Award and an Australian MO Award nomination. He also received critical acclaim playing John Lennon in the NZ tour of Looking Through a Glass Onion. An original cast member of the Australian productions of Les Miserables and Chess, Darryl featured with Sarah Brightman and Anthony Warlow in the Australasian tour of The Music of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Well respected in the rock arena he has performed with original members of Split Enz and the NZ Symphony Orchestra, toured with rock legend Glenn Shorrock on the Let it Be: The Beatles of Lennon & McCartney tour, as well as countless concerts and special events.
Darryl is also the creator of The Leading Men, Jersey to Motown and A Leading Man and a 'Little' Leading Lady with his 11 year old daughter Harmony.
Client Comments for Darryl Lovegrove
- Darryl is outstanding and versatile. His presentation is full of pertinent points that relate to life in general as well as business. He is a dynamic entertainer and the conclusion of his presentation is the only one I have ever attended where everyone ends up on their feet and there is a spontaneous standing applause - fabulous way to end a conference. Darryl also performed at our gala dinner and was fabulous. Undoubtedly one of the best performers we have engaged.
Australian Financial Services
- Darryl's words, music, and message will stay with me forever. His clever combining of his story and an actual four part message for businesses to reflect on and take home was helpful and real for businesses in this current climate.
Cassowary Coast Regional Council
- TFC Financial holds a client evening each year to engage, update and uplift our clients. In 2012 we were excited to invite Darryl Lovegrove to complete the evening with his Keynote speech, littered with the odd gem from his vast array of songs performed throughout his stellar career. The video testimonials clearly showed how much the clients enjoyed the night, and how well Darryl connected with the audience.
- Darryl's story is an inspiration to audiences of all kinds. His message can be tailored to suit all themes, as his is a real story of never giving up or taking no for an answer. Darryl delivered a keynote address to an auditorium of accountants and actuaries (a tough gig by any measure) and walked out to a standing ovation and scores of 'excellent' from over 85% of attendees in the post conference feedbacks. This is how good he is. More importantly however is that Darryl takes the time to listen to what you as a conference organiser want from him - making it certain you get the value you want!
Financial Services Accountants Association (FSAA)
- Darryl is WORLD CLASS! Everybody is raving that it's the best Export Awards ever.
New Zealand Export Awards
- Darryl undeniably proved enormous value-add. His keynote was impressive enough but he was able to remain at the conference and perform a show outdoors under the stars of Central Australia that was 30 minutes of power and passion and everyone was gob-smacked by his talent.
- A brilliant night of entertainment not surprisingly ending in a standing ovation. Darryl filled the room with plenty of passion and tons of enthusiasm. He is an exceptional entertainer, a true professional and an absolute delight to deal with. Let me say it again... what a voice!
etm group of companies
- Darryl came highly recommended and he did not disappoint! We have had numerous comments about how great he was and would not hesitate to recommend Darryl to industry colleagues in Asia and elsewhere.
Asian Conference Awards
- A fantastic presentation supporting the objective of the event and incorporating incredible opera that was uplifting and inspiring. The team gave him a standing ovation.
- The highlight of the conference - you showed us if we apply focus and passion to the vision, we can achieve anything.
Maurice Trapp Group (NZ)
- Incredibly entertaining, great business message that was really relevant to us. Everyone got something out of it. Simply brilliant!
- An entertainer with a real message for business success... absolutely BRILLIANT!
Australian Settlements Ltd
- The perfect closer with a brilliant blend of entertainment and message.
Richardson & Wrench
- The stunning outdoor post-dinner show you performed for AON insurance under the Northern Territory sky, left every person breathless – simply superb!
- The solo show you performed for the Western Sydney Academy of Sport fundraiser was sensational. Every song was a crowd pleaser. You made us laugh and made us cry but either way, we were mighty impressed!
The Taggart Group
- Your solo show for the gala dinner of the AFA conference knocked every person's socks off - we had tingles up our spines and tears in our eyes. Your ability to perform rock, opera, Broadway or contemporary left us speechless and you were a joy to work with.
Leading Minds Academy
- We recently booked Darryl to wow our VIP customers, the Registered Master Builders Federation at their annual gala dinner. He undertook a lot of time to plan and better understand the audience he was MCing for - something that was clearly apparent in his immediate engagement with everyone on the night. The fact that he could host as MC but also deliver the most awe inspiring musical performance to our customers was just awesome. If you want something outstanding and memorable for an event then just book him.
XPO Exhibitions NZ
- Darryl's solo performance for the Swans Hall of Fame dinner was another stunner!
Empire Touring Events
- Darryl's awesome voice combined with his MC skills provided a magical night for our guests.
Marist Youth Care
- Darryl, many thanks for the fantastic job you did as MC of our NZ 2012 CIO Summit Awards this week. As a PCO I know how important the MC is and was thankful for your deep theatrical experience and your ability to read the audience. It was a faultless performance from a seasoned, enthusiastic professional.
- It was fantastic having Darryl as we got such great feedback on his performances and everyone wanted him to sing more! It was a great choice and his jokes really lightened up the mood after a long business day.
Beacon Events, Mines and Money Conference, Hong Kong
- I would highly recommend Darryl Lovegrove as a host or MC for your event. I had the pleasure of working with Darryl for a large YWCA NSW fundraising event at the State Theatre with an audience of 1700 including incoming CEO, Ms Anna Bligh and Patron Rachel Ward AO. The feedback from guests and sponsors was excellent. On top of all that, his performance with Harmony was a highlight of the night.
- Darryl wowed our audience right from the get go with his dramatic introduction and held their attention until the conclusion performing his MC duties brilliantly and providing stunning entertainment. Darryl made the entire team look great and kept us all on track expertly. We will highly recommend himto anyone who wants to add an X-factor to their event.
- As MC of our gala Dinner Darryl was outstanding. I would have no reservations in recommending Darryl to any conference organiser.
- Darryl was a fantastic MC and performer and kept the crowd's attention from start to finish. I would have no doubt in recommending Darryl to any organisation wanting an MC/performer with a difference.
Housing Industry Assoc ACT/Sth NSW
- Thank you so much for being a part of our Manly Social Summer Lovin Ball. We have received so many positive comments about what a great MC you were and how amazing Harmony was. A number of our friends even admitted to being brought to tears by yours and Harmony's singing
- Darryl is a unique and class act offering incredible value not only as a slick MC but also as a dynamic performer. He draws from his operatic and music theatre background and leaves a stunning effect on an audience. The balance of Awards presentations, dinner and entertainment ran spot on to time – now that in itself is a challenge for any MC.
- Establishing and Growing Small Business
- Passion is the Petrol
- Risk: Friend or Foe?
- The Challenges of Establishing a Business Internationally
"Saxton is an excellent firm to deal with. Everything is taken care of in a professional manner. It is a delight to work with you it makes the whole process so much easier."
Eastern Regional Libraries
Subscribe to our newsletter