Ellen Fanning is best known for her work as an award-winning current affairs journalist.
At 24, she broke new ground, becoming the first woman to host one of ABC Radio’s national current affairs programs. Two years at the helm of PM were followed by several years anchoring AM on ABC Radio and serving as occasional host of ABC TV's 7.30 Report.
Ellen also served as the ABC's Washington correspondent and has reported from locations as diverse as Transylvania and the North Pole, under the Indian Ocean aboard an Australian Navy submarine and 30,000 feet over Serbia from a US Air Force refuelling jet.
Ellen Fanning has interviewed every current and former Australian Prime Minister from John Howard to John Gorton and has met and interviewed world leaders from France, Britain, Ireland, Israel and the United States.
Most recently, Ellen Fanning has been a reporter for the Nine Network's 60 Minutes and Sunday programs. She has also had extensive experience moderating political, business and community events in Australia.
As a facilitator Ellen Fanning's strength lies in her ability to clarify goals, define roles and reach agreed outcomes across both cultural and language barriers.
With a wealth of experience in communications, politics, social, cultural and business issues, Ellen Fanning's informative and stimulating presentations make her an ideal moderator, facilitator and keynote speaker.
Client Comments for Ellen Fanning
Ellen Fanning travels from New South Wales Australia
- Delegates overwhelmingly rated Ellen as an excellent MC and appreciated her insightful questions and management of audience participation and keeping to time. Her contribution to the conference was a critical part of its success. Ellen's professionalism in well researching her brief through contact with conference speakers ensured she did an excellent job of not only introducing speakers but preparing the audience for what is coming and linking the conference themes and ideas. Ellen was a fabulous choice of MC for the Group Training conference – providing the right balance of warmth and intellect that had broad audience appeal and created a positive energetic atmosphere. GTA enjoyed working with Ellen and greatly appreciated the outstanding effort she put into making sure her role worked smoothly.
Tulips Meetings Management
- It was a pleasure working with her and I will most definitely be recommending her for future events. Ellen Fanning was very professional and did a lot of behind the scenes investigating to ensure she truly understood the event content and background and could therefore tackle any question and handle the panel session. Ellen was quick on her feet and was one of the highlights of the event.
Australian Council of Local Government
- Ellen was flexible and really easy to work with. She added to our script to make it her own and ad-libbed as required.
Australian Training Awards
- Ms Fanning displayed an incisive grasp of the business issues and current affairs combined with great charm and humour. She went to considerable lengths prior to the event to work with us as the client and her preparation and research was very impressive, also her grasp of the issues important to ANRA gave us real peace of mind in the run up to the event. In short, she is a pleasure to work with and made an enormous contribution to a very successful event that attracted national media coverage. I would not hesitate to recommend her as both a polished performer and someone who is prepared to go the extra yard to ensure a professional and satisfying event.
- Ellen, you were the consummate professional. I get the impression the studio could be in flames and falling around your ears and you would still be able to deliver in a calm, controlled manner. Thank you for all the advice and direction.
Fuji Xerox Australia
"Saxtons provided an excellent service in suggesting potential entertainers for our consideration and liaised with us at appropriate times in lead up to the event. I have recommended your services since the event at least three times. Extremely satisfied."
Fitzroy Basin Association
Subscribe to our newsletter