Having run the family business and her own consulting firm for over fifteen years, Fabian Dattner joined forces with Jim Grant at the end of 1997 to form DGL International (now Dattner Grant). At the time, Fabian was already one of Australian's best-known female entrepreneurs, speakers and leadership commentators. The incredibly fertile, intellectually rich and highly complementary partnership with Jim Grant enabled the newly formed company to have far broader reach.
Fabian has personally interviewed many hundreds of working Australians in numerous organisations across many industries. Her insights into leadership and her fearlessness in challenging leaders to consider more inclusive, and indeed more profitable, forms of leadership are well acknowledged. She is widely recognised as a highly effective creative strategist, facilitator, teacher and social entrepreneur.
Fabian has a considerable number of both commercial and community achievements to her credit. She has been cited by Australia's premier business magazine The Bulletin as one of Australia's top 100 contributors, she has twice been a runner-up in the state Telstra Businesswomen's Awards, she has been an Australia Day Ambassador since 2001, she regularly contributes to various media around Australia on leadership issues, and is a monthly guest on the ABC's Nightlife program with Tony Delroy. She has also penned three books on leadership, Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained (1992), Naked Truth : An Open Letter to the Australian Working Community (1996) and Three Spirits of Leadership: The United Voice of the Entrepreneur, the Corporation and the Community (2000), and has been included in many others.
Down-to-earth, informed, entertaining and provocative, Fabian is also an outstanding and much sought-after public speaker. She has worked with and spoken for over 500 organisations throughout Australia and South-East Asia, including 20th Century Fox, Foxtel, Western Australian Local Government Association, ANZ, Victorian Department of Education and Training, B&E, MWH, Kangan Batman TAFE and various national associations - government, corporate, entrepreneurial and not-for-profit.
Client Comments for Fabian Dattner
Fabian Dattner travels from Victoria Australia
- A special thanks to Fabian Dattner for her inspiration and her knowledge. She was a revelation. My only regret was my teenage sons couldn't experience the hope, vision and drive Fabian extols. Our children need more of this positive reinforcement and less of the negative views our media, politicians and education systems dish up to them. But then again we can all benefit from more Fabian Dattner's.
Oceania Agriculture Ltd
- Fabian was an exceptional speaker. She was relaxed and warm and related this immediately to the audience, who actively participated in her presentation.
Institute of Chartered Accountants
- We believe Fabian's masterly understanding and delivery of the visionary process is the quintessence of our success.... Melding, blending and montaging the divergent views of ten strong willed leaders, Fabian has allowed us to achieve in one day the path through the minefield that surely would have threatened our future. If you are fast tracking your success to the future, we commend Fabian Dattner to prepare the way.
- Fabian is a very energetic speaker. She was able to hit the "bulls-eye" for our group with a mix of personal experience and common sense that our people could relate to readily. Feedback was very positive.
CSL Limited - Melbourne
- Fabian challenged us to think beyond the square. Her bright and unusual presentation kept the audience's interest at a high level throughout.
Trustee Companies Association
- In my travels around the region over the following days many people commented on your presentation and were full of "vision, passion and creative perseverance" for the future. Your uncomplicated and practical advice has been heard!
Latrobe Industry Network
- All the delegates thought Fabian was the best
- Fabian's session on leadership was extremely well received. Fabian very successfully included the entire audience in an understanding of "leadership" and its practical application both as a manager and as a parent.
AMP Insurance Company
- Your inspiring leadership presentations, your assistance and guidance with our visionary process, and your ability to assist with difficult human resource issues have been an inspiration to all in our organisation.
Jardine Restaurants Victoria
- Without Fabian we would still be struggling with different cultural attitudes rather than progressing as a company into the future. Her outstanding ability to understand the attitudes/biases of individuals in such a short period of time was the work of a genius.
Insurance Network Services