Former athlete and school teacher, Glenn Manton is an author, actor, media personality, motivational speaker and corporate facilitator. He has a diverse media background as a presenter, commentator and writer with credits for radio, television and print and has included a regular involvement on Vega 91.5 and Fox Football programs, and he also penned a regular column for MX. He has run the gambit of various media from the Nine Network's Footy Show to community radio station 3RRR.
Glenn is a 178 game player for Essendon and Carlton Football clubs and a member of the 1995 Carlton Premiership side. A life member of Carlton FC, he's an inductee into the AFL 200 Club and played in three pre-season Premierships. His playing career has been replaced with media roles, charity based work and book writing.
In 1999 he co-founded Whitelion, a not for profit organisation assisting youth in crisis within the juvenile justice system. Whitelion works with young people who are in the child protection system due to their experience of neglect and abuse. The organisation offers a range of mentoring programs and with a degree in Education, Glenn is well equipped and takes a hands-on role motivating and building self confidence in young people in custodial centres. They are assisted in getting their lives back on track, and successfully integrated back into society.
As an author, Glenn's semi autobiography Dead Bolt further demonstrated that he is more than just a sportsperson. Having spent time in Rio, the communities of the Tiwi Islands and everything in-between Glenn has experienced life first hand. He also released a football dictionary Mongrel Punts and Hard Ball Gets - an A-Z of Footy Speak.
Glenn's diverse range of experiences also qualifies him to give valuable insights into the worlds of youth culture, the media, and the realm of education. He has devised many alternate education and language-learning techniques which he shares with great vigour. Glenn is also able to deliver presentations about a range of health and fitness related topics. His career as an elite sportsman places him perfectly to provide insights into personal well-being and motivation.
Glenn's inspirational story and experiences allow him to assist any audience in a hugely diverse range of fields. Speakers of Glenn's calibre are few and far between.
Client Comments for Glenn Manton
Glenn Manton travels from Victoria Australia
- A very engaging performance that we all thoroughly enjoyed. Glenn was also very happy to modify his performance based on the group of students.
- I asked Glenn to tailor his speech to a specific area and he was able to do so effectively.
Caulfield Grammar School
- Glenn Manton is an exceptional speaker and entertainer. Over the past three years, he has acted as MC and Ambassador of the Public Transport Challenge, an annual event Metlink hosts for secondary school students. Glenn brings the right mix of professionalism and humour to the event which owes much of its success to his direct involvement. I can't rate or recommend him highly enough.
- Being a brand new franchise in the National Basketball League, the South Dragons were out to make an impact both on and off the court in their first season. This meant doing what had never been done before. The key component for us was to have the best game night in the league, and the key factor in all this was to engage the crowd.
After considering a number of people, the most professional, creative and dynamic fit for the role of game night presenter was Glenn Manton. Not only does Glenn engage the crowd, he can creatively change the atmosphere and feel of the game. His ability to keep a crowd entertained certainly showed through after a league survey surmised that 70% of people who attended a Dragons home game came to see the event, and 30% came just to see the basketball - this was due largely to Glenn's performance and ability to entertain, and was a key factor in the Dragons attracting the three largest crowds of the season in the entire national league.
The South Dragons have also employed Glenn's expertise at a corporate level. He has been utilized as Master of Ceremonies for all major announcements, and has always delivered a faultless, well-structured performance, mixing good humor with the ability to get all the right messages across to the media and corporate guests in attendance.
Glenn Manton is a diverse and creative presenter who comes highly recommended for any project or event.
Crazy Johns South Dragons (NBL franchise)
- Glenn is one of the first speakers we call upon for any of our events. Glenn is real, personable but more importantly approachable. His content, delivery style and tailored message always ring plenty of bells with whoever the audience is. I've seen Glenn entertain the top end of town through to kids in the play ground… keep it real!
- Glenn was a true professional. He really set the mood of the evening and captured the audience immediately. He was a pleasure to work with and made our jobs so much easier. We have had such positive feedback and would definitely use Glenn again.
Master Builders Association of Victoria
- Glenn Manton was very inspiring, extremely engaging and confronted the audience with his honesty and personal story.
The University of Melbourne
- Excellent interactive presentation. Glenn was a sensational speaker and we have had great feedback from our guests.
Please pass on my appreciation to Glenn - the consummate professional combining humour with a real message and gaining excellent engagement from the audience. I was especially impressed that Glenn arrived an hour before the start of the meeting and helped me to set up the stage as well as then speaking to various guests. Glenn also stayed behind for an hour afterwards until he had caught up with everybody that wanted to speak to him.
Westpac Commercial Bank
- Glenn was fantastic and the night was a great success for us. We were super-impressed with Glenn's ability to read the crowd, his easy going manner and professionalism. His talk was definitely a highlight of the night and everyone's feedback has been so positive.
SOAR Adventures Scripture Union
- Very interactive & motivational. Really related well to the intended audience (youth) & did not talk solely about football, but about life skills learn[ed] in general, therefore was able to engage the entire audience.
CVGT Employment & Training Specialists
- Glenn's presentation was thoroughly enjoyed by our guests. They would like him to come back again in 2009.
Ivanhoe Grammar School
- The yr 10 boys were mesmerised by Glenn's personality and stories. He held 250 boys for 30 minutes with the power of his words. Thankyou Glenn
- Flexible and adaptable to the situation and passionate about the topic.
Champions of the Bush Inc
- Glenn was excellent! He was very approachable and made everyone feel at ease.
Geraldton Regional Community Education Centre
- Glenn recently made a presentation to our Year 12 students, giving his own unique recount of finding his way in life as an emerging adult. He spoke about the challenges that he faced as an 18 year old, telling the passionate tale of the trials and tribulations of his relationships, and his experiences with alcohol, violence and girls.
It was a very real and entertaining story, told with energy, sensitivity and humour. It really hit the mark with the boys at St. Bernard's College. Glenn's visit was a definite highlight and lasting memory of their final year at school.
Glenn was very generous with his time, and chose to stay for lunch with the boys, sharing more stories and insights. He even returned weeks later to offer assistance to the Physical Education class, sharing his training methods and tips freely in a practical class. If you're aiming to engage students, I highly recommend Glenn for the positive connections he made with our Year 12 students.
St. Bernard’s College
- Building Social Capital-Community Wealth
- Communication Studies (How We Communicate - Challenges - Techniques - Language)
- Creating Team-Creating Team Culture
- Health and Fitness (Range of Topics)
- Media Studies (The Impact of Media - Youth/Community)
- Motivation/Inspiration (From School Based Presentations to Corporate)
- Philanthropic Endeavours (How to Create and Sustain/Evolve)
- Pure Story Telling (Around a Number of Topics)
- Teaching Strategies/Skills (Class Based and Beyond)
- Working With/Understanding Youth Culture
"Very professional, efficient, quick to respond to any of my queries, very accessible."
Frankston City Council
Subscribe to our newsletter