Katrina Webb is recognised and acknowledged for her unique athleticism and outstanding success as a Paralympic athlete.
When Katrina was 18, on a netball scholarship at the Australian Institute of Sport, she discovered that a weakness on her right side was a mild case of Cerebral Palsy. Something she had known since birth, but because she was not sure what it was and is not obvious, she found it easier to hide.
With the discovery of her CP, Katrina Webb decided to take the next step and compete in the Paralympic games. A difficult decision to make, Katrina wished to tackle her disability head on and take on the challenge.
At her first Paralympic Games in Atlanta in 1996, Katrina won a Gold Medal in the 100m and 200m sprint and a Silver medal in the Long Jump. At the Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games Katrina had the honour of being the first torchbearer to enter the Olympic Stadium for the opening ceremony and went on to win Silver in the 100m and 400m sprint and a Bronze Medal in the 200m sprint.
At the most recent Paralympics Games in Athens 2004, Katrina Webb won another Gold medal for the 400m sprint and set a new Paralympic Record. Katrina’s success on the track has made her one of Australia’s top performing Paralympic athletes.
Now one of Katrina Webb’s biggest rewards in her life has been to learn how to overcome her disability, love her uniqueness and celebrate her difference. With her natural positive attitude, a feast for new challenges and excellent people skills, off the track Katrina is the Director of her own business Kwik Kat Enterprises. As a qualified physiotherapist and a person that knows how to achieve gold medal results more than once, her business specializes in ‘Turning Silver to Gold’ and improving the performance and health of organizations, teams and individuals.
Katrina’s success as an athlete and as a business woman has been recognised internationally, when she was one of four athletes selected from around the world to present at the closing ceremony of the United Nations International Year of Sport and Physical Education in New York in 2006.
Katrina Webb is a unique and inspiring speaker whose ideas and experiences challenge and motivate her audiences. She has delivered over 500 presentations in four different countries.
Katrina Webb thoroughly researches and tailors each speaking engagement to ensure your key objectives are met for your conference, workshop or meeting.
Client Comments for Katrina Webb
Katrina Webb travels from South Australia Australia
- Katrina was very inspirational and got a standing ovation from everyone attending. It certainly lifted our event and gave our corporates who attended, I believe, that extra motivation and feeling of "value add". All the feedback I have heard about Katrina was extremely positive. One attendee thought it was terrific that she passed around her medals for people to hold etc. I personally was very impressed with the way she followed through on the briefing, had done her homework about Minda and linked her speech to Minda's core values of Inclusion, Respect and Choice
- Just a quick e-mail to say a big thankyou for your talk last week to the GHD business school at the Hyatt in Adelaide. It made us look inside and take stock, look at where we were, where we all wanted to be and how we could get there as standing still is definitely a step backwards. Inspiring and energizing!
GHD Goldfields Manager
- Katrina was fantastic and thoroughly addressed issues identified for the group. Much positive feedback was received and several people have reported changing their daily activities as a result of Katrina's inspirational story
Open Access College
- It was interesting to hear how her sports days were the start of her career in sport and how she related that to the possibilities that lie ahead for our students. The way she spoke about winning and losing was excellent, as was her advice about giving your best - something we encourage highly these days at the Hub. She had her gold medal with her, which created interest with many there. It was well worthwhile having her along and the feedback on engaging her was positive. I'm still hoping that the Year 6 and 7 teachers may get her back to the school for some further interaction in the future. You may hear from the school again. Thanks for your help
Aberfoyle Park Primary School
- Katrina was fantastic! Her talk was exactly what we wanted. She arrived well in advance to prepare/ask questions etc and tied in a few local comments into her talk which won points with the audience. Those in attendance enjoyed the presentation and found it very thought provoking
City of Salisbury
- Just a short note to thank you for your moving presentation to our group last week. Your bookmark we received at the end of your session now holds pride of place in my work diary. I intend to adopt the 10 principals in family life as well as business life. Once again thank you and all the best for the future (I'll be keeping a close eye on your results)
- Not only is Katrina an amazing athlete who shines with pride that she has been able to represent her country, but she is also an amazing conference speaker. She shares her story in such a way that people are motivated to get off their butts and have a go. Katrina has spoken at two conferences that I have organised and I will certainly be using her services again in the future. She is an inspiration but more than that, she has her feet firmly on the ground and can relate to people at all levels
- What an amazing impact you had at our awards lunch on Friday . Your great stage presence, immaculate timing and perfect perception about the audience connecting your experience to their own, all made for a magnificent presentation! Thank you so much for giving what you did- you made a difference!
First National Real Estate
- Katrina's was one of the highlights from the three-week ING International Graduate Programme. Her message was on target - sharing with the group of young, high potentials from around the world, that they can make a difference even in adverse circumstances. She immediately captured and engaged the audience. I also so appreciated that she wanted to spend time getting to know the group. Her authenticity and genuine concern came through. I would not hesitate in recommending her to others and would definitely engage her again.
- 'Running No Matter What' - Overcoming Obstacles and Making it Happen
- Creating a Healthy and Positive Team
- Goal Setting
- Health & Wellbeing- Work/Life balance
- It's Great to be Different - Love Your Uniqueness and Celebrate It!
- Turning Silver into Gold - Creating a Winning Performance
"Special thanks to Sandra and Lauren for all their assistance, they were very efficient and quick to respond to all requests."
Subscribe to our newsletter