Layne Beachley is widely regarded as the most successful female surfer in history. The only surfer, male or female, to claim six consecutive world titles (1998 to 2003), Layne went on to win a seventh in 2006 before retiring from the ASP World Tour two years later.
Having spent two decades breaking down the barriers in her chosen profession, Layne has committed herself to making it easier for young women to achieve their goals by establishing the Layne Beachley Aim For The Stars Foundation. Celebrating achievement and supporting the journey of Australia's young women, the foundation provides financial and moral support to encourage them to dare to dream, pursue their passion and aspire to achieve in all endeavours including academia, business, arts and sport.
Not one to rest on her laurels, for the last seven years Layne has also staged the richest stand alone ASP Women's World Tour Event - The Beachley Classic - at Dee Why Beach. A huge success given the location, prize money and promotion, the Classic is considered the ultimate contest to win by the top 17 female surfers in the world. Due to a lack of sponsorship the event was cancelled for 2013, but is scheduled for a return in 2014.
The 2004 Laureus Alternative Sports Person of the Year, 2006 Surfing Hall of Fame inductee, 2011 Sport Australia Hall of Fame inductee, ISA World Masters Champion, and a 2012 Olympic Games Athlete Liaison Officer, in 2013 Layne was recognised as one of the top 10 most influential surfers in Australia (the only woman to grace the top 10) and named the third greatest Australian female athlete of all time, behind Dawn Fraser and Betty Cuthbert. She was also listed among Australia's Top 40 Women Over 40 for 2013 by Prevention Magazine.
Layne currently serves on the board of Surfing Australia and the Sport Australia Hall Of Fame, and as ISA Vice President, Director of the Layne Beachley Aim For The Stars Foundation and long time Ambassador for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific. She also supports several other charities and organisations including the National Breast Cancer Foundation, Planet Ark, the Laureus Sport For Good Foundation, PCYC, Sunnyfield and Tourism NSW.
Client Comments for Layne Beachley
- Layne was fantastic. She spoke well and her story was shared with great passion and humour which was well received by our clients. The feedback has been fantastic with many saying she is the best speaker we have had to date. The auction of her surfboard and her book signing afterwards was a huge success. Layne was great to work with and interacted extremely well with our client. She was perfect for our Client Breakfast!
CitiPower and Powercor Australia
- Layne is a polished and consummate professional.
- Layne presented her material extremely well. It was relevant, entertaining and inspiring. She is a delight to listen to and even more of a delight to meet in person, genuine and patient. A truly amazing woman and an inspiration to all - even us non-surfers!
- Layne was fantastic, she took the time to speak to and be photographed by the delegates. The presentation itself was brilliant, everyone was very impressed. Points were all so relevant.
Rotary Club of Batesman Bay
- The most motivational, positive, uplifting speaker I have heard. Very professional and willing to answer lots of questions at the end. Layne was amazing.
Australian Hotels Assocation - SA
- Layne was a hit. She entertained and inspired a room full of delegates and their families. We were moved by her genuine accounts and reflections of an amazing career.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Layne was fantastic! Her story and the way she presented it ensured there was something for everyone in it. We also appreciated the generosity of time and graciousness she showed with our attendees for the many photos that were requested. We would have no hesitation in recommending her to others.
Waples Marketing Group Pty Ltd
- Dare to Dream... And Anything Is Possible
"I loved working with Nina and Tamie - they were so professional. I have and will continue to sing the praise of your company."
Subscribe to our newsletter