Layne Beachley is widely regarded as the most successful female surfer in history. The only surfer, male or female, to claim six consecutive world titles (1998 to 2003), Layne then went on to win a seventh world title in 2006 before retiring from the ASP World Tour in 2008.
Having spent two decades breaking down the barriers in her chosen profession, Layne has also committed herself to making it easier for young women to achieve their goals by establishing the Layne Beachley Aim For The Stars Foundation. Celebrating achievement and supporting the journey of Australia's young women, the foundation provides financial and moral support to encourage them to dare to dream, pursue their passion and aspire to achieve in all endeavours such as academia, business, arts and sport.
Not one to rest on her laurels, Layne also stages the richest stand alone ASP Women's World Tour Event, The Beachley Classic, at Dee Why Beach. Currently in its seventh year, the Classic is a huge success given the location, level of prize money and promotion, and is considered the ultimate contest to win by the top 17 female surfers in the world.
2004 Laureus Alternative Sports Person of the year, 2006 Surfing Hall of Fame inductee, 2011 Sport Australia Hall of Fame inductee, ISA World Masters Champion and Athlete Liaison Officer at the 2012 Olympic Games, Layne's unwavering commitment to success has seen her awarded on the world stage. Earlier this year Layne was recognised as one of the top 10 most influential surfers in Australia (and the only woman) and named the third greatest Australian female athlete of all time, behind Dawn Fraser and Betty Cuthbert.
Layne currently serves on the board of Surfing Australia and the Sport Australia Hall Of Fame, is an ISA Vice President, Director of the Layne Beachley Aim For The Stars Foundation and long time ambassador for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific. She also supports several other charities and organisations such as The National Breast Cancer Foundation, The Laureus Sport For Good Foundation, PCYC, Sunnyfield and Tourism NSW.
Client Comments for Layne Beachley
- Layne was fantastic. She spoke well and her story was shared with great passion and humour which was well received by our clients. The feedback has been fantastic with many saying she is the best speaker we have had to date. The auction of her surfboard and her book signing afterwards was a huge success. Layne was great to work with and interacted extremely well with our client. She was perfect for our Client Breakfast!
CitiPower and Powercor Australia
- Layne was a hit. She entertained and inspired a room full of delegates and their families. We were moved by her genuine accounts and reflections of an amazing career.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Layne was fantastic! Her story and the way she presented it ensured there was something for everyone in it. We also appreciated the generosity of time and graciousness she showed with our attendees for the many photos that were requested. We would have no hesitation in recommending her to others.
Waples Marketing Group Pty Ltd
- Layne is a polished and consummate professional.
- Dare to Dream... And Anything Is Possible
"Alice and Samantha were wonderful to work with. No request was too difficult which is lovely."
Construction and Property Services Industry Skills Council
Subscribe to our newsletter