Layne Beachley AO
Layne Beachley is widely regarded as the most successful female surfer in history. The only surfer, male or female, to claim six consecutive world titles (1998-2003), Layne then went onto win a 7th world title in 2006 before retiring from the ASP World Tour in 2008.
2004 Laureus Alternative Sports Person of the year, 2006 Surfing Hall of Fame inductee, 2011 Sport Australia Hall of Fame inductee, 2011/13 ISA World Masters Champion, Athlete Liaison Officer at the 2012 Olympic Games, Layne’s unwavering commitment to success has seen her awarded on the world stage. In 2013 Layne was recognised and awarded 3rd Greatest Australian Female Athlete of all time, behind Dawn Fraser and Betty Cuthbert.
As part of 2015 Australia Day honours list, Layne was awarded with an Officer of the Order of Australia for her distinguished service to the community through support for a wide range of charitable organizations, as a mentor for women in sport and as a world champion surfer.
Layne has achieved yet another first in Australian sport by becoming Surfing Australia’s new Chairperson. She is the first former female World Champion of any sport to take on the role in a National Sporting organisation.
Layne also sits on the board of the Sport Australia Hall Of Fame, is an ISA Vice President, Director of her own charity, the Layne Beachley Foundation, Aim For The Stars and long time ambassador for Wyndham Vacation Resorts Asia Pacific. She also supports several other charities and organisations such as The National Breast Cancer Foundation, The Laureus Sport For Good Foundation and Planet Ark.
Her exploits are astounding, her attitude unwavering and her achievements inspirational.
Client Comments for Layne Beachley AO
- Layne was fantastic. She spoke well and her story was shared with great passion and humour which was well received by our clients. The feedback has been fantastic with many saying she is the best speaker we have had to date. The auction of her surfboard and her book signing afterwards was a huge success. Layne was great to work with and interacted extremely well with our client. She was perfect for our Client Breakfast!
CitiPower and Powercor Australia
- Layne is a polished and consummate professional.
- Layne presented her material extremely well. It was relevant, entertaining and inspiring. She is a delight to listen to and even more of a delight to meet in person, genuine and patient. A truly amazing woman and an inspiration to all - even us non-surfers!
- Layne was fantastic, she took the time to speak to and be photographed by the delegates. The presentation itself was brilliant, everyone was very impressed. Points were all so relevant.
Rotary Club of Batesman Bay
- The most motivational, positive, uplifting speaker I have heard. Very professional and willing to answer lots of questions at the end. Layne was amazing.
Australian Hotels Assocation - SA
- Layne was a hit. She entertained and inspired a room full of delegates and their families. We were moved by her genuine accounts and reflections of an amazing career.
Pharmacy Guild of Australia
- Layne was fantastic! Her story and the way she presented it ensured there was something for everyone in it. We also appreciated the generosity of time and graciousness she showed with our attendees for the many photos that were requested. We would have no hesitation in recommending her to others.
Waples Marketing Group Pty Ltd
- Layne was a fantastic presenter to deal with both on and off stage. Our audience were captivated by her throughout the whole presentation. She is such an inspiration!
Enterprises & Training Company Limited
- Layne is a great role model for us all and she has such clarity and strength in her presentation. Yet she is friendly, approachable and warm!
People's Choice Credit Union
- Motivation, Inspiration, Determination
"Always great service."
Maroondah City Council
Subscribe to our newsletter