Libbi Gorr is one of Australia's finest live hosts and broadcasters. Warm, witty and smart, she has an exceptional ability to entertain, inspire, challenge and motivate, bringing a unique blend of journalism and humorous observation to all her work.
Libbi is well known and respected for her broadcasting work in radio on television nationally. Libbi has recently returned to prime time television creating insightful, moving reports for the ABC TV flagship current affairs program 7.30, after reaching icon status for her comedy creation Elle McFeast in the ‘90’s and early 2000’s for the ABC and Network 10.
On ABC Local Radio, Libbi too presents programs reflecting current news and social analysis, with an emphasis upon relationships, wellbeing, social change and the complexities of human nature. Her light touch with difficult issues – particularly pertaining to work, family and drive for success – is steeped with heart, humour and insight. Libbi is part of the 774ABCMelbourne broadcast team.
There is a trailblazing angle to Libbi’s work still, as she turns her gaze to contemporary issues, with the wisdom someone who has built a career in a public life. Politics, Sport, People, Arts, Family Issues, Health Wellness, Business and Leadership are all areas Libbi has immersed herself within.
Excitingly Libbi’s award winning and iconic TV portfolio still lives inside Australian hearts: Live and Sweaty, McFeast, Breasts, Sex Guys and Videotape, My Big Bottom, The Whitlam Dismissal (all ABC), What Women Want (Channel 10) and The IF Awards (SBS).
Libbi graduated from Melbourne University Law School in 1987 and in recent years she has studied fine arts and philosophy. She is currently studying for her Masters in Law at Melbourne University.
Libbi has written two books Mummy Manners (an etiquette guide for managing other children's mothers and assorted Mummy dilemmas) 2011 and the Bedtime Poem for Edible Children, 2012. She is a regular columnist with the food and wine magazine Selector and is a regular guest commentator on programs such as Studio 10 and The Project.
Libbi is quick on her feet and thoroughly professional. She fashions her presentation around client needs and culture. There's no doubt that she would be a popular choice as MC, facilitator or keynote speaker at your next event.
Client Comments for Libbi Gorr
Libbi Gorr travels from Victoria Australia
- Everyone was over the moon about your talk tonight. It was a brilliantly astute account and hysterically funny. Great work you're a champion!
Art Gallery of NSW
- Libbi is certainly a first-class performer! She did an excellent job at preparing her team for our inaugural great safety debate and delivered a fabulous closing argument. She captured the audience's attention and had them in fits of laughter
- We loved her (and I am looking into her eyes!) and without a doubt she gave us the fun/take off we needed!
Tattersalls Club Pink Ribbon Breakfast
- A huge thank you to Libbi. She was a fantastic MC - really good at balancing warmth and sincerity with humour. We would love to have her back again next year!
Museums and Galleries NSW
- Libbi was great - so many people have said so - and added just the right touch of levity to the lunch. Please pass on our special thanks to her.
- Libbi was a sensational start to our conference, her presentation transformed the crowd from 'barriers up' to 'receptive and open' for the rest of the day....her down to earth manner pleasantly mixed with humour allowed her message to relate to everybody. I was also impressed with Libbi making the time in a pre-conference phone interview to understand exactly the crowd she was going to be addressing
Real Estate Institute of Queensland
- It was an absolutepleasure to have Libbi facilitate our panel discussion. Her preparation was exemplary. Her presentation was full of humor and intelligence and was received enthusiastically by everyone. Libbi performed excellently. She is an asset to your management group and I would have no hesitation in engaging her again and recommending her to others. Libbi was everything I had anticipated and more.
Rothworx Professional Development Events
- Libbi was terrific. Moree certainly knows she was here as the women haven't stopped raving about her! She hit the nail on the head for a lot of women who took what Libbi said in her presentation about looking after ourselves and for many they are considering making some changes in their lives to enable them to have time for themselves. This is the result we were looking for! She is a very interesting in-depth person who is very knowledgeable and it shows.
NSW Department of Housing
- Thankyou, yet again, for another raucously entertaining and uniquely insightful talk- characteristically witty, intelligent and highly entertaining. It's such a pleasure to work with you.
Art Gallery of New South Wales
- Libbi performed excellently. Preparation exemplary, Libbi was everything I had anticipated and more.
Rothworx Professional Development Events
- Libbi was great - so many people have said so - and added just the right touch of levity to the lunch.
The Mary Jane Lewis Scholarship Foundation Fundraising Committee ANZ Trustees
- The audience loved her. She was very warm and personable and very quickly was adopted by everyone in the room. Libbi did a great job of hosting our event and added just the right about of humour to the night.
The Registered Clubs Association of NSW
- Libbi did her job with heart. …high emotional intelligence….really engaged with all levels of people at our event ….and in fact, drew out some of their stories that we otherwise would not have got to hear. Libbi was a warm and charming host and performed her MC role with professionalism and style.
- Enormous success… a performance of great humour, sensitivity, intelligence and integrity…. brilliantly constructed with unique moments of "magic" that made for a very special and memorable evening.
Australian Dance Awards
- Libbi was an absolute delight to work with and have on stage to MC our annual Awards Dinner. She controlled and entertained a notoriously rowdy crowd of nearly 800 dinner guests with ease and we heard nothing but praise from guests. Her ad-lib was perfectly timed, witty and appropriate; the crowd loved her
Australian Institute of Architects Victorian Dinner
Topic SynopsesAs a Keynote Speaker
Libbi’s specialty is in the delivery of humorous and thought provoking keynotes and talks
Wellness Balance and Communication - Addlib Your Life!
What will audiences take away from Libbi’s presentation?
- Re evaluating Achievable Goals in Life
- Understanding of the complexities of Work Life balance – it affects us all!
- Re enforcement of the importance of laughter as a management tool
- Confidence of creating your own life path (there are no rules!)
- Understanding that what you may see as your greatest flaws are your greatest strengths – it’s your uniqueness that makes you successful in life!
- Don’t be scared to just be yourself!
Mummy Matters – for school events (parent focussed)
(available as either 35 – 40 minute keynote or facilitated panel)
Based on Libbi’s hilarious book “Mummy Matters: An Etiquette Guide for Dealing With Other Children’s Mothers and assorted dilemmas”.
Libbi has developed a FANTASTICALLY hilarious keynote for adult school communities, perfect for breakfasts or keynotes at Gala events, focussed on the shock and delight of parenting and negotiating your role in your child’s life. She regales you with tales from extreme parent zone with witty observations & razor sharp humour, all wrapped up in the common ground of love.
What will audiences experience?
- A sense of community
- Shared experience
- Encouragement to network and build strong bonds between parents.
"Emma is a delight to work with. She has taken the time to understand our business and as a result is very responsive to our requests for speakers and matching the right person to our many events."
Subscribe to our newsletter