Skills are transferable. Olympic Gold medals and business successes do follow the same basic philosophies. Business “athletes” are better equipped and conditioned to compete in today’s market. Who better to book for your next function than a man who has succeeded at both!
Mark Tonelli is an expert at improving individual and team performance. He is a journalist, television presenter, elite coach, salesman, motivator and author with the publication of his first book due this year.
His many years in media broadcasting, real estate and communications, combined with his larrikin sense of humour, enable Mark to MC, present a powerful keynote address, an entertaining after-dinner speech, or a short talk guaranteed to be the highlight of your conference, dinner or evening.
Mark with his refreshing now approach is in great demand as a guest speaker, expressing his motivation and selling concepts to reach your personal 'Gold'. During his riveting presentations Mark shows people how to change their outcomes in business. He turns people and teams around. His tips help his audiences perform better and have more fun along the way.
His credentials are impeccable. He was Captain of the Australian Swim Team and is an Olympic, World and Commonwealth Champion with an Honours degree in Communications. As a commentator and competitor he has covered or raced in the last 8 Olympic Games plus reporting for Sky News at the Commonwealth Games and will be once again be on our television sets at this year’s Olympic Games in Beijing.
He knows how tenths of a second can change a lifetime and insists the difference between sport and business is attitude and he has plenty of it to share with his audiences.
Gold Gold Gold! That now classic Norman May broadcast call was originally for Mark and his team mates’ sensational against all odds Gold Medal winning victory at the turbulent 1980 Moscow Olympic Games.
He cleverly uses the international sports arena as a platform for very real lessons about succeeding in today’s tough business world, whether his presentation is for executives, managers, sales staff or anybody who needs to perform better in a team environment.
“All my material is original. It’s all based on research that I have done personally at elite levels in business and sport.”
In 2008, Mark Tonelli will once again be poolside reporting for the Sky News Australia coverage of the Olympic Games in Beijing.
Client Comments for Mark Tonelli
Mark Tonelli travels from New South Wales Australia
- The accolades are still coming in for your role as an MC in the Gala Dinner; the presentation, research and relevancy was considered a highlight of the evening. Your MC expertise in the team building activity came as a real bonus to us as your ability to handle that many people for tfour hours and keep them attentive was brilliant.
- The thank yous have not stopped coming. The function in Darling Harbour hosted by Mark Tonelli was a fantastic success. Mark's professionalism, humour & vast sporting knowledge ensured the tremendous response from many of AMP's most important corporate clients. Thank you on behalf of our guests for making our night such a special one.
- Mark is an eloquent speaker who cleverly translates his amazing sporting achievements into entertaining and inspirational presentations that consistently receive full marks from our clients.
Australian Olympic Committee
- Mark's deep knowledge and enthusiasm for everything sporting lifted our coverage. Not only does he know his stuff but he's entertaining at the same time.
Sky News Australia
- His combination of wit, charm and humour is guaranteed to win any audience over. His highly intelligent personality is a must for any corporate engagement where your aim is to impress your clients and motivate staff.
- I've never seen 200 people sit on the edge of their seats for so long. They were captivated.
- Mark tells a great (and inspiring) story in a very entertaining way. He was excellent.
Commonwealth Bank Group
"Very pleased to do business with you, again and again... see you again!"
Department of Health
Subscribe to our newsletter