Naomi Simson started her entrepreneurial journey with RedBalloon in 2001 from her front room with just $25,000 and a second-hand computer - it is now considered one of Australia’s online business success stories.
RedBalloon is an online “experience” gift retailer which has sold more than 3 million experiences and featured on BRW magazine’s Great Places to Work list five years in a row.
From its humble, home-based beginnings a decade ago, RedBalloon is considered a brand success story – with it’s mantra Give, Share Live, it supports more than 3000 activity partners throughout Australia and New Zealand
Before founding RedBalloon, Naomi worked for big businesses including IBM, Apple, KPMG and Ansett Airlines – all of which influenced her views on workplaces.
Naomi is a speaker, author, blogger, entrepreneur and LinkedIn Influencer with 1.5 million followers, with whom she shares her insights, experience and observations about business, innovation and success.
Naomi is passionate about great workplaces and her entrepreneurial energy is focused on redii.com, a leadership tool that drives the alignment of teams through recognition and reward. Along with her investments from Season 1 & Season 2 of Shark Tank, Naomi is a keen investor and supporter of the start up community.
In 2015, Naomi released the best seller Live What You Love, and May 2016, saw her newest release Ready To Soar hit the book stores.
Client Comments for Naomi Simson
- Naomi is living proof that passion for an idea plus utilising appropriate technical resources can launch a global business.
- Her style was engaging and her message struck a chord, was timely and pitched at just the right level!
Air New Zealand
- Naomi Simson launched the 2008 REIV Breakfast Club series. Naomi is a passionate speaker with a clear message about experiences. Experiences that occur with your brand, your people & your customers. Naomi shared with us her story and along the way got the room to understand key messages around how are people were experiencing their brand and service, that clients want dialogue and interactions and that marketing is a way of being. No one can have the greatest business in the world without the greatest people and how your employees speak about you is how your brand is perceived. In this current tight labour market Naomi's message was a key one for all managers and business owners. As she says in her book happy people = happy customers = happy profits.
Real Estate Services REIV
- I thoroughly enjoyed her talk yesterday at Leonda and found her and her business story very inspirational. My business was established in 2001 as well and I am very interested in Naomi's journey and success. Well done and thanks for sharing.
Buyer Solutions Australia
- I have heard Naomi speak on many occasions and she is charming, articulate and riveting.
Amanda Gome, Founder & Publisher, SmartCompany
- She's a soft spoken lioness who will engage you from the moment she's introducing herself.
Malorie Caparas, Functions at Melbourne
- Naomi takes staff engagement to a whole new level and I thought I knew this topic well.
Gary McMullen, General Manager, Linfox
- Very well spoken and easy to follow. What a truly inspirational guest speaker.
Lynda Bredin, Glen Eira Womens Network, Victoria
- There was so much about Naomi's session that really resonated. Naomi's authenticity and her lessons around the importance of engaging and empowering our people, listening to our customers, knowing yourself and the role of leadership were all talked about for the remaining days of our conference. It was such a great talk around the importance of vision and values and the feedback I got afterwards from the team was overwhelmingly positive. We loved all of it and are very fortunate to have had Naomi at our session.
- In a sea of potential presenters, Naomi Simson is one of the best there is. During her keynote she created considerable interest with RedBalloon and other examples, but also demonstrated a deep knowledge of business, people and organisational issues that people at management level related to and were able to learn from. There was an overwhelming sense of warmth and satisfaction after the events, much of it based on Naomi being a living example of what she preaches and putting it within reach of others.
- Animated, dynamic, amusing ... Naomi personifies RedBalloon's culture. At a Hudson Human Resources celebration, Naomi's candid insights, self-deprecating humour and unapologetic passion for her business kept the audience engaged, entertained and challenged to think differently. I highly recommend Naomi as an inspirational speaker.
- Thanks, Naomi, for the fantastic presentation at our Talent Xchange Conference last week. We have had a stack of unsolicited feedback from delegates saying things like: ‘Naomi was amazing, I am going to implement changes immediately', and ‘That was great, we will definitely be rethinking our engagement strategy'. Thank you for making our conference such a big hit!
- Naomi, Thank you so much for passionately presenting to our senior women leaders. You were an absolute inspiration. Everyone's feedback was overwhelmingly positive.
National Australia Bank
- Naomi was a dynamic, energetic and passionate speaker. She presented powerful and clear messages that not only resonated because they were personal accounts, but also provided a refreshing and honest viewpoint. It was also incredibly exciting to see a female all-rounder who has persevered and achieved such amazing success. Naomi was easy to work with, not demanding at all, and is definitely someone we would love to have join us again.
- I was one of very lucky people to get to hear you speak to the Retail one team in Fiji. Your passion and words have driven me to be better at what I do and strive to be great. I honestly can't thank you enough and wish you the best in all your Journeys. Your book is outstanding and it's put a whole new perspective to life and business for me.
- Creating a Customer Experience Culture
- Employees Are The New Customer - The Importance Of Employer Branding
- RedBalloon: The Entrepreneurial Growth Story
- Live what you love
- Leadership: Ready to Soar
- Master Of Ceremonies
Topic SynopsesCreating a Customer Experience Culture
How do our customers experience the brand? What are your employees saying about your business when they interact with the customer? This session is about creating the ultimate customer experience so they willingly share their stories about your business to others.
• Knowing what you stand for - getting customers to talk about you;
• Ways to encourage customer WOW moments in an era of transparency; and
• Why treating employees as customers will determine the customer experience.
Employees Are The New Customer - The Importance Of Employer Branding
We have learned to be customer-focused by asking, 'How do our customers experience the brand?' Now the important question is, 'How do our employees experience the brand?' This session is about how to fulfil your employees' expectations so that they willingly shout about your employer brand. Employer Branding is all about how to fulfil your employees' expectations so they willingly shout about your business. A brand cannot be delivered without its people, who create and shape what it stands for and how it is perceived. This session focuses on how to create a focused and engaged workforce which exudes its 'love' and commitment to the organisation.
• How to form a logical, emotional and brand connection with, employees;
• How to create a culture of recognition and fun in your workplace;
• How to get your team talking about you as a great place to work;
• Why it is essential to be authentic and transparent with employees;
• The number one driver of employee engagement - no matter what the generation;
• How to use social media to extend your employer brand, interact and feed off external brand perception; and
• Inspiring your team to be your greatest advocates.
RedBalloon: The Entrepreneurial Growth Story
From its humble beginnings in Naomi Simson's front room in an inner suburb of Sydney to creating a much loved Australian brand, Naomi shares what she believes have been the drivers behind RedBalloon's sustainable growth. Having appeared on the BRW Fast Lists six times, RedBalloon is fast changing gifting in Australia forever. Naomi shares the secrets, business concepts and elements to continually driving growth and innovation.
• What are the three critical elements to building the foundations for a successful business;
• How ideas become reality and what it takes to ensure a plan is executed; and
• The key determinant of why one business may thrive - whilst another in the same field does not.
Live what you love
• Discovering your passion - learning how to identify when you are in flow and doing your best work
• Taking responsibility for what you want - not what others want for you: 'If it's meant to be it's up to me'
• Playing a bigger game. This does not mean that tough times will disappear as a result of this session you are likely to take on bigger challenges and in turn experience the joy of deep accomplishment. Resilience that you know you can count on.
Leadership: Ready to Soar
Whether you're a start-up, business owner or career manager within an enterprise - all of us want to 'Soar' to great heights. Here I share about the road to success, from seeing what is possible for you, doing the preparation and ultimately delivering amazing pitches. It does not matter who you are pitching your ideas to colleagues, suppliers, investors or banks it is essential part of you leadership journey and a valuable life skill.
• Knowing what you stand for – your steps to leadership (and facing your fear)
• Leadership is about aligning everyone to the ‘cause’ – creating a deep sense of purpose
• Learn to identify the 'One Thing' that when you do this one thing everything else becomes easier - turn your 'to do list' into a success list.
"I was very satisfied with the level and speed of contact and follow up."
Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS)
Subscribe to our newsletter