Nicole Velik is a creativity and innovation facilitator, trainer and consultant. She is the founder of an innovation company, The Ideas Bodega. Nicole believes we are all creative and with simple and practical tools and techniques she gets her audiences to experience light bulb moments where they too see how creative they really are.
Nicole has facilitated and trained organizations across The United States, Australia, New Zealand, Africa and Asia. Her clients include The United Nations, Nike, BBDO, TBWA, Coca-Cola, Caltex, Pepsi, JWT, One Green Bean, Edelman PR, eBay, Havas Worldwide, STW Group, Ogilvy PR, Hill + Knowlton, Foxtel, Seven Network, BBC and Google.
Nicole spent four years working in New York City where she helped her clients keep a competitive edge by thinking creatively and creating cultures where innovation would flourish. She returned to New York to work with her dream client, The United Nations. Her task was to arm them with creative thinking skills and generate big ideas for a UN global initiative, World Humanitarian Day.
Nicole is a regular speaker on creativity and innovation and has educated, entertained and inspired audiences at global conferences such as Ad:Tech, Promax BDA, Creative Innovation 2015, CREA and Emergence Creative.
A recognised thought leader on creativity and innovation, Nicole is regularly interviewed and has been part of round table discussions for the Australian Financial Review, The ABC, CMO Magazine and the Collective Magazine.
Nicole's background is in advertising, as a Brand Strategist and spent most of her time working at two very creative agencies, Kirshenbaum Bond + Partners in New York City and Saatchi & Saatchi, Sydney.
She has been trained in Idea Generation and Creative Problem Solving by the Creative Education Foundation (New York) and been a speaker and presenter at CREA, the European Creativity Association. She also holds a Communications Degree from Charles Sturt University and a certificate in Organizational Development from New York University.
When she’s not overhauling brands and nurturing ideas, Nicole can be found pursuing her other passion, music. Her song ‘Tonight’ was used on a national Channel Ten promo for the American TV drama, Medium
Client Comments for Nicole Velik
- Nicole is a highly motivational speaker who draws on her years of experience to very quickly build rapport with her audience. She has a clever way of helping people overcome their mental blocks to unleash their creative side. In the space of two hour she was able to get a room full of financial analysts and actuaries thinking creatively about developing workable solutions to help them overcome problems that will set them apart from their competitors.
- Nicole came to Moon to host and facilitate a full day workshop on creative idea generation. I found the workshop to be both practical and entertaining - and she provided clear tools in order for all our attendees to be able to practically apply what they had learned over the course of the day. Nicole is also a very personable and pleasant person to have running the workshop, demonstrating leadership and encouraging collaboration appropriately. I would recommend her to any company wanting to learn motivating ways to generate new ideas.
Carolyn Miller, Communications Strategist, Keynote Speaker and Media Commentator
- Nicole ran a two-day Idea Generation Masterclass for Hill+Knowlton Strategies, earlier this year, with incredible results. The team was thrilled with the workshop, with many claiming this to be one of the best they'd experienced, which is no mean feat considering the amount of training we run at H+K with some of the industry's biggest players. The impact has certainly been far-reaching across the business. On a professional level, I cannot recommend Nicole highly enough. The fact that she's also a great gal is just the icing on the cake!
Hill+Knowlton Strategies Australia
- Nicole's energy and passion for creativity and ideas were instantly apparent, and the professionalism and manner in which she presented resulted in a session which was very well received by the team, at all levels. Her ability to get participants to think laterally resulted in exciting and fresh thinking around some of our traditional challenges. The techniques she shared with us continue to be of great use to colleagues, and the office.
Public Information Officer, United Nations, New York
- The session gave my team valuable tools and techniques for creative planning and brainstorming. It was a hugely beneficial process and I would highly recommend it to any organisation wishing to inject a fresh approach to their creative output.
One Green Bean, Sydney
- Creativity is Everyone's Business
- Leading Creativity: How to ignite creativity and innovation in your organisation
Topic SynopsesCreativity is Everyone's Business
The ability to think creatively is what gives people and organisations a competitive advantage in today's world. Creativity is what sets individuals and companies apart. Now more than ever people need to strengthen their creativity in order to successfully solve challenges big and small. The number one problem is that many people don't think they are creative. Nicole Velik is a strong believer that we are all creative and can't afford not to be.
In this keynote Nicole will bring out your natural creative talent. She will load you up with powerful tools and techniques that can be applied to any business challenge and show you how easy it is to come up with game changing creative ideas.
Nicole draws on her life experience from working in global advertising agencies in Sydney and New York, across many brands in all sectors and shares anecdotes that will inspire, entertain and leave you wanting to apply what you've learnt right away.
This keynote is intense, stimulating, fun and highly interactive - be ready for some audience participation. Your creative thinking ability will be challenged and stretched to a new level.
Leading Creativity: How to ignite creativity and innovation in your organisation
Do you think your team should be more creative? Did you know that a leaders actions and beliefs will decide if their team will be creative or not?
Leaders have a significant impact on the creative culture. This keynote empowers individual leaders (and future leaders) with the beliefs, habits, initiatives and tangible actions they can take in order to turn their team into a creative hothouse.
Nicole Velik will show you simple ways to inject creativity into the workplace by bringing to life stories from some of the best organisations around the world. You will learn techniques that can be easily implemented in your organisation and see how one person can create an inspiring ideas culture.
This keynote is for leaders, managers and future leaders. It will be educational, inspiring, stimulating and highly interactive. Beware: Wanting to shake things up after this talk is a very likely side effect.
"Nanette, it is an absolute pleasure to work with you! Keep up the great work."
Subscribe to our newsletter