Paul Huschilt is an award-winning professional speaker and storyteller who motivates and inspires people to be the best that they can be. Organisations are increasingly looking for unique opportunities to help their employees face the challenges in today's busy work environment; Paul uses comedy and ingenuity to incorporate your key messages and objectives into a fun-filled, humorous keynote that will speak directly to your employees and their pivotal role in your company's ongoing success.
Paul's speaking and seminar work has taken him across the United States and Canada, as well as to the Netherlands, France, Japan and Australia.
Paul presents in English, French and occasionally Japanese.
The Canadian Association of Professional Speakers has asked Paul to present 'The Ultimate Ending' for five national conventions.
Before becoming a speaker, Paul sang in the Canadian Opera Company chorus.
His education and training includes a Master of Arts Management Degree from Carnegie Mellon University, a Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Acting from University of Windsor, a Career and Work Counsellor Diploma From George Brown College, and a Certificate in Adult Education from St Francis Xavier University.
Paul's other ventures and adventures include being Butterfield and Robinson tour guide, a Stratford Shakespearean Festival Development Associate as well as numerous roles in community theatre productions.
Paul is an avid cyclist and hiker who has walked the Camino de Santiago (798.5 km across Spain) and written a humorous book about his misadventures titled The Reluctant Pilgrim.
In his earlier days, he produced, wrote, directed and acted in six touring educational theatre companies.
At Pittsburgh's Civic Light Opera, Paul was responsible for finding housing for stars including Debbie Reynolds, Donald O'Connor, Jean Stapleton, Barry Williams (Greg from The Brady Bunch).
His spoofing career began at an early age when he would mimic his parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, neighbours, and neighbours' pets.
Paul is the second youngest in a family of eight kids born in eight years. In 1970, his physics professor father took a sabbatical and the whole family traveled throughout Europe in a Volkswagen camper.
Paul is fluent in French and English, can carry on a conversation in German and Japanese, can buy shoes in Swedish, and order from a pilgrim menu in Spanish.
Let Paul change your next conference into something people will be talking about for years to come.
Client Comments for Paul Huschilt
- My first word is 'WOW!' Creativity and innovation were themes of this year's HRPA, and how you incorporated that in your session was brilliant.
Human Resources Professionals Association
- We have lost track of the number of attendees who commented that your presentation was the best part of the conference. Your portrayal was done in good humor, sensitive to boundaries and most importantly in a refined manner that everyone found amusing. Everyone laughed and left the conference with a feeling of levity and inspiration. Mission accomplished!
Western Association of Food Chains
- I was impressed with how adaptable you were to each group, and how you modified the day's message to respectfully and humorously work in the Executives' opening remarks. Your humorous message on wellness was exactly what we needed at the meetings.
- The standing ovation at the end spoke for itself as did the staff and participation. Many of them commented on how well you connected with the audience and how much they enjoyed your humor. It was great to have an opportunity to laugh and learn at the same time.
Durham College, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Paul does a remarkable job of researching the most recent happenings of an event, translating them in a hilarious way, and telling them back to his audience so that they all ask themselves, 'How did he know that?' as they strain through their laughter. I would not hesitate to hire Paul again.
Ontario Association of Youth Employment Centres
- I have had many opportunities to seek many different keynote speakers and participate in their workshops all over Canada, and I would have to say that your high energy and fully engaging approach is one of, if not the best, that I have had the pleasure to enjoy.
- The highly entertaining afternoon presentation and networking sessions revitalised the audience and reiterated the learnings of the day. I believe that the application of your fun-filled, original format benefits our talented workforce and demonstrates our commitment to them, our greatest resource.
City of Ottawa
- Your 'Seven Humour Habits' was presented at our most recent conference and it was an intelligent and fun way to reinforce the importance of wellness and humour. 'The Ultimate Ending' provided us with an outstanding way to reinforce our conference content and direction.
- I am writing to tell you that your presentation at the Credit Union Managers Association of Manitoba's annual conference was, without a doubt, the most valuable and most entertaining talk we've ever had.
Oakbank Credit Union
- Francophones remarked on the excellent skills you demonstrated in delivering your presentation in both official languages.
National Capital Commission
- You had a very professional way about you and you were concerned with understanding our company, and then you turned it on its ear with a very polished and well thought out humorous and interactive presentation.
Scotia Dealer Advantage (ScotiaBank)
- For 90 'high energy' minutes, Paul had over 300 people laughing, learning and begging for more. An amazing performance that combined wit, incredible powers of observation and good old fashioned fun.
New Frontier School Board, Quebec
- You were a runaway success!
Compassionate Fatigue Conference
- A side-splitting, breath-taking, laugh-a-line closing keynote!
Canadian Museums Association
- You were my hoped-for secret weapon, and you were bang on the mark.
SEIU Local 1
- Paul was a pleasure to work with, did his research, engaged with the audience and the
Ultimate Ending was the perfect way to close the convention. I would highly recommend
Paul's Ultimate Ending as a fabulous end to any event.
Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia - MFAA
- The Ultimate Ending
- Seven Humor Habits for Workplace Wellness
- Master of Ceremonies
- Everybody Stay Calm
- Mount Fuji - The Fool Climbs it Twice
Topic SynopsesThe Ultimate Ending
Imagine the impact of ending your conference with a comic wrap up that reinforces your key topics, messaging and theme. The Ultimate Ending is the perfect way to guarantee that your event concludes on a high note. Paul will attend your conference, take tons of notes and transform them into an on-the-spot comedic review of your event.
Paul's insightful and respectfully cheeky spin on events are funny and focused entirely on you and your company. He recaps your business content with hilarious comedy and some good-natured audience teasing. Not only will you laugh like crazy but you will leave re-energised and fully connected to the conference's most important lessons. Each recap is created especially for you and your delegates and uses performance boosting techniques and laser sharp wit to ensure employees remain engaged in what they learned throughout the conference.
You can promote Paul's unique comedy closing in your publicity materials, or send Paul in as a 'Delegate-in-Disguise'. In that case, people will wonder who the note-taking man is and then fall off their seats at his high energy and original review.
If you want employees to remember your conference, celebrate their impact on your company's success and take away new strategies to apply to their work environment, Paul's one-of-a kind blockbuster closings are a meeting planner's dream come true.
Seven Humor Habits for Workplace Wellness
Do you find that stress gets in the way of your employees being and doing their best? Motivational humorist Paul Huschilt uses comedy and imagination to demonstrate comprehensive tactics that can be applied in any workplace environment. Participants will learn insightful strategies to focus on their business goals, stay balanced in a sometimes unbalanced world and to adapt to changes within the organisation. They'll laugh and enjoy an eclectic mix of comedy, song and engaging activities through a high-energy presentation that reinforces your organisation's core values, while promoting personal and professional growth.
This keynote presentation is ideal for people who provide support to others and for those who have been facing stressful periods at work. Seven Humour Habits is an excellent way to say 'thank you' to your staff and show them that they are important to your organisation. Employees who feel a sense of community and well being are more productive and committed to the success of the company. Statistics show that loss of productivity and absenteeism costs Canadian companies billions of dollars each year. Each presentation is personalised for your group to reflect your own uniqueness and goals.
If you are questioning how to motivate your team towards greater productivity, Seven Humour Habits may be the perfect answer for you.
Master of Ceremonies
You've put countless hours into the planning of your special event, now it's time to find the perfect host to guarantee its success. Enter Paul Huschilt, Master of Ceremonies and consummate professional. With comedy and theatrical techniques, Paul engages his audiences with a mix of prepared and impromptu segments to support your agenda, content and timelines.
As Master of Ceremonies, Paul raises the level of your meeting through his unique brand of humour, inspirational insights and clever antics, all within the limits of your carefully prepared structure. This format is inter-dispersed throughout the conference and will draw on your attendee's enthusiasm, commitment and sense of humour.
Paul will work with you and your organisation to develop an effective balance of hosting, motivating and reflecting on your key messages and business objectives. Imagine how dynamic your days will be with a Master of Ceremonies who understands when it's time to move things along, pause for an energising and hilarious activity, or deliver an informative and fun re-play of what has been learned throughout the day.
We know that staying on schedule, conducting presentations and keeping attendees focussed can be a challenging endeavour. Let Paul Huschilt help you to make your next event stand out from all the rest and bring your people together with laughter!
Everybody Stay Calm
Has your organisation experienced a great deal of change recently? Have resources been stretched to an unprecedented level? If so, your employees may feel overwhelmed and not sure if they are able to perform at the standard needed to move your company forward. Studies have shown that we learn best when we use as many senses as possible and sometimes we just need to stop and look at things from a different perspective. Paul Huschilt has developed a program that uses laughter, interaction, personal reflection and creativity to encourage people to be well, work together and focus on being resilient.
Organisations are only as strong as their employees and their dedication to ongoing success. At a time when progress is moving at a rapid speed and companies are feeling the impact, a short, light-hearted break may be just what you need. Participants laugh and learn techniques to use at work to stay calm when things get harried. It's a seriously funny alternative to high-content keynotes and encourages everyone to have fun while they learn simple day-to-day tactics to face their busy days.
Imagine what good it would do for your team to bond with a communal belly laugh. This keynote is a great way to release stress, build positive energy and show employees that you value their well being.
Mount Fuji - The Fool Climbs it Twice
Are you tired of those mountain climbing talks that leave you asking 'Why haven't I climbed Mt. Everest yet?' If so, you will love the forgiving qualities of this adventure keynote. According to Japanese folklore, the wise man climbs Mt. Fuji once but the fool climbs it twice. Not that we are saying he's a fool, but Paul did climb it twice to create a funny, inspiring keynote that encourages you and your employees to be your best.
'The Fool Climbs it Twice' wakes up the sleeping hero within all of us and breathes new life into personal adventures at work and play. This keynote will inspire you to face life challenges with a new perspective and to go that extra mile with goal setting lessons on how to begin today; expect bends in the road; get over the thunder; stay on the path; enjoy the view; and never, never, never quit.
Join Paul on this amusing trek that will encourage your employees to scale new heights as they summit their own personal Mt. Fuji.
"The service was excellent - always replied promptly and followed up."
Subscribe to our newsletter