Paul was editor of The West Australian for ten years, and every existing circulation record on the newspaper's books happened during his tenure. In 1998 he achieved a magical one million readers target for The West Australian's Saturday edition, and pushed the circulation of the newspaper over 400,000 for the first time.
In a major career move, Paul accepted an offer from Radio 6PR in 2000 to replace Howard Sattler as host of the station’s all important morning current affairs program. In his six years as host of this program Paul was recognised as one of the leading current affairs broadcasters in Western Australia. In 2006 Paul resigned from 6PR to return to The West Australian as a regular columnist and feature writer. In early 2011 6PR asked Paul to return to the station as host of their morning current affairs program and he fulfilled this role until December 2014. Paul has now returned to The West Australian as a senior columnist and commentator.
Paul's extensive media career has given him an insider's view of many of the events that have shaped contemporary Australia.
Paul is an excellent communicator and entertaining speaker for conferences, seminars and motivational events. He can speak on a wide variety of topics, including communication, leadership, business and media ethics and current affairs. Able to adapt his presentation to suit your specific requirements, Paul brings credibility, a strong journalistic integrity, and an engaging personality to all of his presentations.
He has made a career out of fearlessly bringing the news to the people of Western Australia. He is not afraid to tread on the toes of the powerful and one of his favourite topics now is about the dangers involved in 'warts-and-all' journalism in the most isolated capital city in the world. Paul is also a first-class master of ceremonies and has hosted numerous government and corporate conferences and awards evenings.
Client Comments for Paul Murray
Paul Murray travels from AustraliaAustralia
- Excellent presentation. Paul obviously did a lot of preparation which was appreciated, and delivered his speech in a really entertaining and informative style.
Centre for Corporate Public Affairs
- Paul's participation in our conference hypothetical and panel session was fantastic. We had excellent feedback from our delegates regarding his role. Excellent performance.
West Australian Primary Principals' Association
- Thought provoking speech which captivated the audience. Excellent speaker.
- Well researched, clear presentation, ability to ask incisive questions, helpful and accommodating. Paul was an excellent moderator for a panel session at our 2008 state conference. We will definitely utilise his services again.
Australian Property Institute (WA Division)
- Extremely personable and professional. Excellent MC/facilitator. We look forward to working with Paul again.
Vertical Events/ RUI-Explorers
"Very professional, efficient, quick to respond to any of my queries, very accessible."
Frankston City Council
Subscribe to our newsletter