Peter Sheahan has established a globally recognised brand as a leading expert in workforce trends and generational change. In the space of three years he has built a multi-million dollar consulting practice attracting clients such as Newscorp, Google, Coca-Cola, L'Oreal and Ernst & Young.
Peter's success is driven by his ability to identify areas of untapped potential within organisations, develop the unique thought processes and skills required to convert that potential into performance, then engage with key individuals at all levels to make it a reality. Peter's clients describe his entertaining presentations as 'thought provoking', 'insightful' and 'inspiring'.
Peter is a highly energetic entrepreneur with a respected reputation for transforming traditional business practices - bringing them into the present and launching them into the future. His outstanding achievements were first officially recognised in 2003 when Peter had the honor of being named New South Wales Young Entrepreneur of the Year.
In 2006, Peter was voted by his peers at the National Speakers Association as Keynote Speaker of the Year. Peter has delivered more than 2,000 presentations to a combined audience of over 300,000 people in six different countries. The author of 4 books, including the bestseller Generation Y: Thriving (and Surviving) with Generation Y at Work, he clearly understands what it takes to be successful in the rapidly changing business world.
His latest book, FL!P, focuses on how the power of creative and lateral thinking can be harnessed to revolutionise innovation in businesses.
Peter Sheahan is a unique and inspiring speaker whose ideas and experiences are changing the face of the business world. Don't miss your chance to engage with the leading edge of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking.
Client Comments for Peter Sheahan
Peter Sheahan travels from New South Wales Australia
- I just returned from the Fuji Xerox conference and I thoroughly enjoyed your workshop. Congratulations on such a motivating speech.
- Peter spoke to our 70 most senior leaders about the impact that Generation Y's will have on our culture, leadership and work processes in the coming 3-5 years. He's dynamic, engaging and fun. He uses non-threatening metaphors, and enables people to see things in a new way. He interacts superbly with all ages and styles of managers and enables them to confront their own biases and blind spots. An extremely effective speaker, who I strongly recommend
Westpac Banking Corporation
- Just a short note to thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to address the International CFO Forum briefing in Sydney. Your informative comments on the cultural and financial issues around managing generational change in the workplace were greatly appreciated by the CFO's. As well, your Gen Y technical skills proved invaluable tome in getting the briefing under way
International CEO Forum
- Peter's energy and enthusiasm is second to none. He takes the audience on a participative journey and cuts to the core with ease and humour. He was thought provoking and makes you go away and challenge the way you and your organisation manage your relationship with Generation Y. The fact that Peter is a Generation Y'er gives his presentation credibility and makes it real! A fantastic luncheon that has received rave reviews from all who attended! A hard act to follow
Recruitment & Consulting Services Association
- Thank you for what I can only describe as a memorable journery over recent weeks as you delivered your outstanding presentation at our State Recognition Dinners. As the Premier Organisation for CEO Development, TEC seeks stimulating and thought provoking topics delivered in a professional and profound manner. The content of your presentation delivered through your unique style, certainly met those high expectations. As one Member summmed it up 'he was fun and added spark to an already excellent evening'
- This morning I and 120 others were privileged to attend a presentation by Peter Sheahan. A class act who I think has the potential to be at the very least the Edward De Bono of the Y generation in Australia. Good content, great style, excellent delivery; a consumate professional
Warren Hart & Associates
- Thank you very much for your participation in the WA Public Sector Leadership Convention. Your energetic representation of Gen Y and the implications of this cohort for the public sector was enjoyed and appreciated.
Australian Public Service Commission
- Thank you so much for the value you added to our Special Counsel & Senior Associate retreat last Friday. Your session gave great insight into understanding and managing people and your availability to work with us on the career panel was greatly appreciated. Overall, your presence helped to ensure the day was a big success, thank you for your contribution
Henry Davis York
- Very interesting and motivating, he had an excellent positive outlook and great ideas to follow. Totally inspirational and engaging; what a great role model for kids - It would be great for him to talk to some of the kids at school. Change in our thinking is a starting point, great food for thought.
Young, exciting, quick witted and well worth a listen. Terrific for the graveyard shift. Fantastic; loved it.
Department of Education - Barwon School Network
- Peter's vibrant energetic style engaged the Ericsson team to think about thriving and surviving with Generation Y. He is living proof of Generation Y and turns it on!
- Mr Sheahan was a very proactive, engaged speaker, who obviously knew his stuff. He spoke for 75 minutes and could have gone on for longer.
- Insightful, thought provoking and inspiring.
Peter Beattie MP – QLD Premier, QLD Government
- Not only was Peter entertaining but he was able to communicate with staff of all ages, giving 30 of our most promising staff valuable tools to take away and make a part of their work and personal lives.
- Your presentation was relevant and practical and provided unique insights into both Gen Y and others close to that age group. Our business leaders are still talking about it now and it is over a week since your presentation. I would highly recommend you to any organisation that needs to better understand young people in business
Business Mentor Services
- Your energy and initiative, and practical tips were very well received. You drew praise on almost every participant's evaluation. Well done on an entertaining, inspiring and thought provoking presentation.
University of Western Sydney
- The poise, passion and commitment you show in your work is infectious. It is a wonderful treat to be able to listen to a speaker of your calibre and I know it was appreciated by all those in the room.
VIC & TAS
- The feedback we received from all the members and guests who attended the workshop was unanimous – you were awesome!!! I am certain that your insight into managing Generation Y has greatly assisted those in our industry that have been trying to understand their young team members
Meetings & Events Australia
- Peter is always a great addition to a company conference and I look forward to working with him in the future.
- Peter made a point of identifying our needs and the delegates were gobsmacked with his expertise and presentation skills.
Recruitment & Consulting Services Association (NSW/ACT)
"Sandra is very friendly and helpful, a great person to work with and a relationship we hope to strengthen in the future. We are so pleased that we selected Saxton to assist us with our event this year, and by the high level of compliments received about Neville Norman, we will definitely be needing Saxton in the future! My sincere thanks to Sandra, she was/is a delight to work with and always happy to help."
Australian Dairy Farmers' Limited
Subscribe to our newsletter