Roger La Salle is a challenging, dynamic and sought after speaker and facilitator who brings to his unique presentations a lifetime of experience and successful business creation. Opportunities will materialise before your eyes as he simply speaks and draws on a whiteboard. As inspirational as they are interactive, Roger's presentations involve not a single overhead or PowerPoint slide, inspiring innovation with every word as he simply walks and talks.
Roger not only speaks on innovation and business building but is also actively involved in business, creating four companies based on his own technologies. To him, these are not concepts or theories, but something he has been doing all his working life, and he speaks passionately and with authority from real life experience.
A professional electronic engineer, director and a successful business entrepreneur, Roger's credentials include Chair of Innovation at Belfast's The Queens University in 2005, Chair of The CEO Institute, Director for 22 years and past CEO of the Innovation Centre of Victoria, two TEDx presentations in the space of six months in 2012 and 2013, and regular appearances on the ABC's New Inventors and Channel 7's Kochie's Business Builders.
Roger's methodology, known as Matrix Thinking, is documented in his four books - Think New, Think Next, Think Again and Innovate or Perish - and an extensive workshop manual, licensed in over 26 countries and to Deloitte, one of the world's largest consulting firms. Roger works across all industry sectors and has fostered unique skills in seeing and developing applications in seemingly unrelated fields, where the implementation of ICT solutions can open doors previously considered unavailable. Matrix Thinking is essentially the distillation of a lifetime's work, and since it was first introduced in 1999 has shown rapid growth and adoption in many businesses worldwide.
Roger has worked in numerous telecommunications businesses, banks and technology companies across the world and brings to business a completely new structured paradigm in thinking that connects the physical world to the digital domain, a place where opportunities abound.
Client Comments for Roger La Salle
- We received excellent feedback from you session. In fact, one person told us that it was the best session that she has ever attended. A number of senior leaders have told me that their staff returned from the session enthused and reinvigorated. I don't think we could have asked for more!
Also, we had 86 people in the room on the day and 80 people viewing online. Since then, the video has been viewed 115 further times. This is brilliant!
Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Thanks once again for one of the most engaging training that I have ever attended!
Your ability to pick up examples from real life is unparalleled. The team was particularly impressed with your style of delivering content. You kept the room energised and engaged for two straight days with your insightful and outcome-focused methods. Matrix Thinking around identifying opportunities and asking the right questions are few things which we have already started applying. Thank you for your effort, would love to work with you again in future!
- Your keynote presentation 'Innovation: The Essence of Business Success' rated as the conference highlight on the conference survey completed by delegates.
- The last two days I attended a fantastic course on 'Matrix Thinking' taught by Mr Roger La Salle. His lessons really blew my mind. I learnt how to identify everyday problems and innovate to make them viable businesses and opportunities.
- Roger La Salle recently presented on the topic 'Innovate or Perish' at the Innovation Centre of Western Australia. His approach to innovation is fresh, bold and wonderful in that it deconstructs so many of the 'overthought' approaches to how we innovate. Roger managed to demystify many of the innovation myths, whilst providing a convincing argument as to why innovation needs to be at the core of all our business decisions.
Our audience walked away energised and enthusiastic. I would highly recommend you expose your organisation to Roger's approach to innovation.
Innovation Centre of Western Australia
- Facing a challenging audience of Australian fruit growers, Roger not only managed to raise the energy in the room up a few notches but he delivered on our key conference objective: to open the minds of Australian fruit growers to the possibility of innovation! Roger is a thoroughly engaging speaker and in my opinion would be a valuable contributor to any event wanting to promote change/innovation.
- Roger presented to our members meeting last week. His session was captivating and inspiring to say the least. People were amazed by the simplicity and power of his tools, the feedback was fantastic. His material on the 'Opportunity Matrix' opened doors to thinking that were quite remarkable.
Young Aviation Aerospace Australia
- Roger provided an enjoyable presentation on the importance of innovation, supported by simple but powerful applications. Our management team thoroughly enjoyed Rogers presenting style and we look forward to working together again to streamline our service offering.
Veolia Environmental Services (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Neumann Steel has recently completed a two-day program in innovation and opportunity, conducted by Roger La Salle. This was really quite motivating and stimulated many new initiatives during the session.
Roger's 'real life' examples and experiences provided a base for our employees to explore and convert to the current and future of our workforce. In the current market place and to remain competitive this is vital to ensure future growth for organisations.'
Neumann Steel Pty Ltd
- I participated in the NorthLink Group Innovation program conducted by Roger La Salle with his Matrix Thinking tools.
The information and insights I received from these sessions were a real eye opener. Subsequently, Roger made several visits to my company and without doubt as a result we have now moved to a new level.
We have a better telephone interface to customers, new marketing material, a new part-time/semi-retired ex tool maker salesman, a very high tech patented new mechanical lock and we are involved in developing and are now working with a customer we have for years been trying to win.
The program has been a real asset to my business and I would absolutely recommend it to anybody in business.
- On behalf of the Association of land Development Engineers, we extend to you our thanks for your presentation at our National Conference 2008, held on the Gold Coast. Your presentation 'Product Innovation & Greater Business Opportunity' was well received by our members and delegates and rated as the Conference highlight.
We now look forward to having you present again to our full membership in Melbourne.
Association of Land Development Engineers
- I would also like to comment on Roger's excellent delivery style which I found to be very down to earth and inspiring at the same time. His passion for innovation highlighted by the 'throwing out' of ideas and challenges to the group shone though.
- Your presentation was fantastic.
I started reading your books and love the way you are approaching the whole area of innovation. I enjoyed your matrix and the questions behind them, they are extremely elegant and I appreciate the power of the questions. I've just lent the books to my partner who works for a fruit distribution company as innovation is critical to their business; I'm sure it will be invaluable to them.
- As our Family Company enters its 4th Generation, it was imperative to gather and maintain the interest and attention of our younger family members at our recent Family Forum. Roger certainly achieved this, as he said he would, by engaging them in conversation and stimulating them with his exciting ideas.
- Roger you really were one of the highlights of our conference.
- I have to say that you presentation was fantastic and everyone though it was the highlight of the two day event.
Industry Capability Network
- Excellent presentation, visually, verbally, humorous.
- Your presentation was great, and extremely well received.
- Extremely applicable. We will be hosting an internal workshop to apply the La Salle Matrix Thinking technique. This will be to transfer our knowledge gained from the workshop and provide an introduction to skills development and conceive new innovations, which are the lifeblood of our company.
- Inspirational, a great presentation.
Isolectra Far East, Singapore
- The best speaker we have ever had.
Australian Inventors Association
- Roger is an exciting and stimulating presenter who brings his topics to life with graphic examples, insights and directions for personal and business development. He is superb and I recommend him highly as a speaker.
Trade New Zealand
- Thanks Roger for giving us a focused process for finding opportunities within even the most complex issues and challenges. It was a wonderful revelation!
MacKillop Family Services
- Wow! Roger held an audience of NAB People & Culture team members spellbound with his insightful, action oriented approach to innovation. Applying lateral thinking, he sees opportunities everywhere and turns complexity and the threat of the unknown into exciting business opportunities. Without doubt Roger La Salle is one of the most inspirational speakers and writers of our time.
National Australia Bank
- For the third time, Roger has visited Turkey and presented at our International conference and for the third time reviews have been outstanding. Without doubt his Matrix Thinking tools lead the world as business tools in their power and simplicity. The outcomes are amazing.
Turkish Society for Quality
- Thought provoking insights on innovating intangibles, from one of the best innovation thinkers of our time. A must for all service industry professionals.
Indira Group of Institutes
- We are always looking for practical, relevant and outcome focused methods to drive value out of innovation programs - but we rarely find them. Roger has delivered yet another systematic and structured approach to ideation applied to the ever growing services industry.
- Roger's interactive presentation in our recent conference was truly enlightening. He delivered a simple yet powerful message full of anecdotes and real examples. No overheads or PowerPoint for this fellow, he just walks and talks and doodles on a white board as he reveals the secrets of innovation and opportunism.
Boral Australia Limited
- We found the system an excellent approach to developing innovative ideas from customers, service agents, engineers and sales staff. The normal brainstorming method is only a distant second in comparison to his innovation process. We used it for the Strategic Planning Conference and managed to get some outstanding out of the box ideas in just half a day.
Regal-Beloit Electric Motors International
- Roger, once again you have delivered and outstanding event to the family businesses in Glasgow. This is the second time and we are working to have you back again as soon as possible. Your understanding of innovation and the need and way to embed that in family businesses through successive generations is total.
- Roger's presentation to our major Belfast innovation conference was a great hit. His material is invaluable, a must for all business people.
Centre for Competitiveness, Belfast
- Roger La Salle redefined innovation as 'change that adds value' and presented his simple but extremely powerful Matrix Thinking tool in his first book on the innovation of tangibles. Now he has addressed the intangibles - the increasingly bigger part of the economy where 'ideas and services' are the future. This material is original, and in my view 'gold' for the services sector.
Holista Colltech Limited
- Roger, thank you for the fabulous interactive presentation at the ICN National Conference last month. Our internal survey confirmed that your information and delivery style were absolutely the highlight of the event. You left our people with both the motivation and the tools to understand and implement innovation in our business.
- Thank you for your inspiring presentation to our members Roger. The feedback has been excellent. Anyone who missed the seminar missed something truly valuable to their business. During these current tough times, learning how to capture opportunities will prove invaluable.
Family Business Australia, SA Chapter
- Members that were present at the in-house sessions have become more willing participants in our business and the business is moving forward at a much faster rate than I could have wished for. The best part now is I can take a back seat and not worry any more, so I cannot be any happier. Thank you for your efforts as it was certainly worth the exercise.
- I have to say that you presentation was fantastic and everyone though it was the highlight of the two day event.
Industry Capability Network
- Your keynote presentation 'Innovation - The Essence of Business Success' rated as the conference highlight on the conference survey completed by delegates.
Australian Amusement, Leisure and Recreation Association
- Roger La Salle presented 'Innovate or Perish' at a recent Family Business conference. His approach to innovation is so stimulating and original that the delegates were furiously taking notes throughout the session. Roger is not only a respected international expert in the field of innovation and opportunity capture, he is also a gifted communicator who had the audience spellbound from go to the last second of his presentation. I would highly recommend Roger as an engaging and entertaining speaker. His knowledge and expertise on innovation, coupled with his powerful and energetic delivery, created a memorable session at our Family Business conference.
Family Business Association
- Your presentation to our delegates was inspiring. Our group is made up of many industry segments with a variety of interest levels. To engage such an audience and connect with a variety of personalities, cultures, and ages is a true gift. You completely captured them with your energy. Feedback from attendees has been very positive. Thank you for making my job easier by delivering a presentation which caught everyone's attention. It would be fabulous to work with you again.
Rotational Molding Association of Australasia
- Business Building: It's systematic and simple
- Business Trajectory: The future
- Getting Your People Involved in the Journey
- Innovate or Perish
- Innovation: What it is and how to do it
- Inspiration in Business: How to do it
- Marketing: Finding the 'touch points'
- Marketing: How to remove the single biggest risk in business
- Moving Your People from Operators to Opportunists
- Services: Can these be Innovated?
- Taking Your Business to the Next Level
- The Digital Interface to the Physical World
- The Digital World Challenges Physical Infrastructure
- The Innovation Imperative
- What is an Opportunity? And how do you systematically search for one?
"My dealings with Nina and Tamie were always delightful. Service was prompt and efficient."
Cutting Edge Study Club
Subscribe to our newsletter