Ross Dawson is globally recognised as a leading futurist, entrepreneur, keynote speaker, strategy advisor, and bestselling author. He is Founding Chairman of the Advanced Human Technologies group of companies, which includes international consulting and ventures firm Advanced Human Technologies, futures think-tank Future Exploration Network, and three start-ups being developed in stealth mode.
Strong demand for Ross's expertise has seen him deliver keynote speeches and executive workshops in 27 countries across six continents and consult to leading organisations worldwide, such as Ernst & Young, Macquarie Bank, News Limited and Procter & Gamble.
He is author of four books, including the Amazon.com bestseller Developing Knowledge-Based Client Relationships, now out in its second edition, and the acclaimed book Living Networks, which foresaw the social networking revolution. He also writes the highly influential Trends in the Living Networks blog.
Ross's frequent media appearances include CNN, Bloomberg TV, SkyNews, European Business Network, Channel News Asia, ABC TV, Today and Sunrise shows, New York Times and The Guardian. Ross has been named as one of the top 30 most influential people in the world in crowdfunding, one of the top six most influential people in the world in Enterprise 2.0, and by Digital Media magazine as one of the 40 biggest players in Australia's digital age.
Ross has run executive education programs and lectured at numerous academic institutions around the world, including the University of Virginia, Australian Graduate School of Management, Singapore Institute of Management, Institute of Banking and Finance, and Singularity University in Silicon Valley.
Previously Ross worked in senior positions in London, Tokyo and Sydney with organisations including Merrill Lynch, NCR and most recently Thomson Financial as Global Director – Capital Markets. He holds a Bachelor of Science (Hons) from Bristol University and a Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance from Macquarie University, and is certified as a Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). He has extensive international business experience, and speaks five languages.
Client Comments for Ross Dawson
- Thank you again for speaking and being part of our recent Mindshop Australasian Conference in Melbourne. We had some terrific feedback to your session which certainly opened people's eyes to the ‘opportunities' available to them through future technologies and also what changes people will have to make to their existing business models / networks.
- Ross spoke at a senior management team offsite themed about partnership models. His presentation stimulated our thinking on several levels. It challenged our preconceptions about the value of information, the adoption and adaptation of new technologies, the shifts in client relationships and the networked economy. His thoughts on leadership and communication were extremely valuable in promoting a lively discussion. Ross is an innovative thinker and has a practical and engaging approach to presenting his ideas and knowledge. His contribution to our offsite was one of the keys to making it such a success.
ABN Amro Australia
- Ross did an excellent job. He interpreted the brief very well and facilitated the workshop in a very professional way. I am sure we will have the opportunity to use his services again.
BNP Paribas Australia
- Ross was a very entertaining speaker. He captured the audience's attention and held it for the duration of the presentation. His presentation style was very professional, interesting and he was very easy to listen to. He was timely, presentable and I would use his services again if the opportunity arose.
- Ross was very relevant, not only on the threats that a changing environment brings, but also how one can participate.
- Ross' opening keynote was a fantastic kick-off for the conference. His twin themes of the importance of networking and emerging technology trends set the scene for a great event. Feedback on his presentation was consistently excellent.
ANZA Technology Network
- Ross Dawson is an engaging speaker with the ability to get people thinking beyond tomorrow. He spells out what it will take for businesses to succeed in the knowledge-based economy of the future, providing a practical framework that audiences from any services industry can understand.
Online Banking Review
- 2020: The Future of Work and Organizations
- Building Exceptional Client Relationships
- Competing in the Global Economy
- Creating the Future of Business
- Creating the Future of Media
- Embracing the Future
- Harnessing the Power of Innovation
- How Technology is Transforming Aged Care
- Influence is the Future of Marketing and PR
- Leadership for Radical Times
- Profiting from Technology Trends
- Tapping Personal Networks to Drive Business Success
- The Future of Libraries and Museums
- The Power of Social Media
- Thriving on Information Overload