Steve Moneghetti's success as a marathon runner is legendary.
In his first Commonwealth Games in 1986, Steve's Bronze Medal in the Marathon was the fastest debut by an Australian. In the 1988 Seoul Olympics he was the first Australian in fifth place.
He finished in fourth place in the 1989 World Cross Country Titles and ran second place in the 1990 Commonwealth Games. He is a two-time winner of the Tokyo Half Marathon in world-best times and in 1994 Steve was a Gold Medallist at the Commonwealth Games.
The recipient of numerous awards, Steve is a devoted athlete who at his peak was training twice a day every day of the year and even now in retirement still competes in State & National events.
In 2014 Steve was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for 'significant service to athletics as a marathon runner, administrator and mentor to young athletes.'
Steve is an articulate and intelligent speaker who tailors his presentations for the client and draws parallels between the demands of an elite athlete and the corporate world.
Client Comments for Steve Moneghetti
Steve Moneghetti travels from Victoria Australia
- Steve really engaged the audience and our team were very interested in both his presentation and with the individual interactions they had with him before and after this. Steve knows his stuff and knows how to tie it into the business context. Very professional.
ANL Container Line Pty Limited
- We were delighted to have Steve Moneghetti attend our Allianz function. Our guest truly enjoyed Steve sharing his journey.
- Steve spoke at perfectly for the audience of young people, stressing the fact that if you have a go you will succeed, exactly what we needed.
Castlemaine Junior Sports Star Awards Inc.
- Steve was a pleasure to work with. He arrived early and went straight about talking to those guests who had already arrived and bonding with fellow runners. His talk was both inspirational and relevant to those in business, as he spoke on the importance of having goals and never losing sight of them - "Everyone has potential, it is up to each individual as to whether they develop that into a talent". Steve spent considerable time signing items and speaking to participants after the event and it was fascinating to watch and hear from someone who is so incredibly focused.
Maroondah City Council
- Steve provided conference attendees with an insight into the level of commitment, planning, persistence and effort required to be successful in your chosen field. It was obvious from his presentation that he made an effort to prepare and familiarise himself with the RMA and the role of our members. Steve was both entertaining and informative, providing us with many tips and ideas for dealing with life and work situations. He stayed around and was more than happy to chat with people and respond to questions which was very much appreciated.
Revenue Management Association
- Goal Setting
- Long Term Planning
- Time Management
"As a non-profit association, we really appreciated the generosity of Saxton in assisting with this booking at short notice and accommodating our tight budget."
NSW EEO Practitioners' Association
Subscribe to our newsletter