Dr Tanveer Ahmed is a psychiatrist and author. His most recent book is Fragile Nation, a look at the cultural rise of mental health. Bob Carr said it was “nothing short of an account of the way we live now, from Mujahideen to McMansions.” British academic Frank Furedi said it was “a compelling account of how cultural, moral and psychological factors influence individual behaviour in a transnational world.”
He practises in metropolitan Sydney, visits jail and flies to regional Australia.
He appears regularly in the media, most commonly on Weekend Sunrise where he does a regular mental health segment, Sky News and writes a regular column for the Spectator Australia magazine. He has co-hosted prime time gameshows and presented international news stories for Channel 7.
He is a former Board member of the Advertising Standards Bureau, the Australian Multicultural Council and the Australian Medical Association- where he was the national representative for junior doctors. He has served in local government in the City of Canada Bay. He was chosen by a Prime Minister's committee as one of a hundred future leaders of Australia.
Client Comments for Tanveer Ahmed
- It was a pleasure working with you. You were professional, but personable and just plain fun. And you were the perfect fit for our exporters' audience. Thanks for handling the minor hitches with aplomb and for being engaged throughout the night.
Premier’s NSW Export Awards
- I thought his presentation and MC role at the Australian Leadership Alumni (ALA) Conference was outstanding. He clearly understood the audience and issues. I think he connected with the ALAs and was able to respond to their questions and queries with aplomb. He was confident, skilful and responsive on some very challenging issues. I will be remaining in contact with him and looking for ways to engage him in my leadership work.
- Tanveer gave us a fascinating talk relating his experience in mental health and human behaviour to the challenges of leadership in the modern workplace. I would recommend him highly.
- In Tudor times, I would have been happy to call Tanveer Ahmed "a most excellent Fool" - and in saying so, I would have been offering him a supreme compliment. Tanveer is a talented speaker with the rare ability to combine deep, intelligent analysis with sparkling good humour.
St James Ethics Centre
- Now that we know you and how great you were yesterday, please be warned that you will be summoned all the time and I do really mean all the time. You are on the top of our list! I had received so many good comments about the panel discussion.
National Breast Cancer Foundation
- An engaging and entertaining talk by a dynamic individual. Tanveer was able to draw on his broad experience and relate it to our event, which had a varied audience of all ages and backgrounds.
- Tanveer was both informative and entertaining, and kept the audience engaged throughout the entire presentation, which, from past experience is not easy to do. Based on the positive feedback that we received from all who attended, I would not hesitate in engaging the services of Tanveer Ahmed to present at another meeting in the near future.
"Carol Pederson was amazing in securing Margie Warrell to speak for WiRV. Her service was exceptional. She was always responsive to any requests we had. I would love to work with Carol and Margie again."
Subscribe to our newsletter