Dr. Justin Coulson is the co-host and parenting expert on Channel 9's Parental Guidance, the founder of the Happy Families website, and one of Australia’s most trusted parenting experts.
Over the past decade, he has helped innumerable families with his 6 books about raising children, his hundreds of media appearances (including all of Australia’s major news outlets, and even the Washington Post and the New York Times), and two viral videos that have been viewed a combined 80 million times!
Justin earned his Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Wollongong. He and his wife Kylie have been married since the late 1990s and are the parents of 6 daughters.
Justin is a sought-after keynote speaker, helping organizations and schools boost wellbeing and improve relationships.
How to set up systems to achieve the extraordinary.
High Performance Habits
High Performance Habits
Do you find that staff often say they’ll do something, but struggle to do what they say they’ll do?
Are your staff ’s workplace habits too often unproductive?
Are your team’s goals clear, but the systems and habits they need to achieve those goals a little foggy?
High-Performance Habits is a deeply interactive presentation created to guide your staff to design the systems they need to follow through, get stuff done, increase productivity and perform at a high level.
For too long, we’ve focused on goals and then told people to get to work. We’ve attempted to motivate them (or relied on them to motivate themselves), when the systems - or lack thereof - actively work against them.
After working with Dr Justin Coulson, your team will be clear on what needs to be done, how they’re
going to do it, and who they’ll be accountable to.
- Systems that support personal and professional habits that lead to fulfilled goals, for the individual and the team
- A clear understanding of how to structure the environment to make behaviours that lead to success the most likely behaviours your team will choose
- An accountability system that ensures your team members will be positive about reporting their results proactively
Strategies for overcoming distractions and working smarter.
According to Gallup, only 14% of Australian employees are personally invested in their work. The vast majority of staff experience high levels of disengagement, low levels of enthusiasm and admit to doing the bare minimum. The flow on to productivity, turnover, culture and ultimately revenue is enormous.
- How often do you feel like you work all day but get nothing done - or at least, none of the important stuff?
- Is email ruling your life... because your life has become email?
- Are you stuck spinning your wheels but not getting anywhere?
- Does it feel as though your stress levels are high and your quality of life is low?
- Are the things that matter most consistently at the mercy of the things that matter least?
What if there were a handful of breathtakingly simple psychological strategies to help you get started, build momentum, and actually get things done?
FOCUS is a fast, practical, science-based presentation designed for the person who needs to get things done but... just can't. Whether it's the fridge, the mattress, Netflix, or more weighty challenges like emotional baggage, an overflowing calendar, or lofty personal expectations, this presentation will help you turn your 'to-do list' into an 'all-done list'.
FOCUS will unlock capacity you didn't know you had. And if you are running a team, teaching a class, or raising a teen, it will unlock capacity they didn't know they had! Using a powerful blend of story, science, and practical real-life experience, this session will inspire you to be more productive, create better habits, and truly focus.
Wellbeing solutions for greater focus and fulfilment at work.
The importance of wellbeing in the workplace is no longer in question. Anxiety and depression continue to rise. Suicide remains too high on "cause of death" for our society - particularly for men.
Yet we have volumes of research showing simple and powerful ways to increase the wellbeing of our teams, and to boost the positivity in our culture.
Hundreds of studies emphasise that staff need to be psychologically well to be productive and thrive.
Hundreds more reports reveal the growing incidence and potentially life shattering impact of mental health issues. The question now is “how?”:
- How do we create an environment in which our staff can flourish?
- How do we take concepts such as “resilience” and “positive psychology” beyond theory and fad to help our staff thrive at work?
- How do we find out what’s actually working in real workplaces so we’re not rehashing tired old programs that don’t work anymore? And just as important,
- How do we inspire and engage staff who are tired of “the next big thing” in workplace programs like "sleep pods" and "ping pong tournaments"? Too often staff start with tremendous enthusiasm, but so many “hope” programs, (where “we hope this works”) can leave them jaded and cynical.
This wellbeing package is designed to address all these issues, and lift your team's positivity to the
next level. It provides powerful, immediately applicable strategies that are empirically proven and
make an immediate difference.
Measurable Outcomes for your Workplace:
After completing this program, your teams will enjoy:
- greater staff engagement
- increased staff satisfaction
- stronger relationships between staff members, and between staff and clients
- increased staff productivity
- enhanced positive energy at work
- more hope
- greater mental, psychological and physical wellbeing
Have you ever been to a major event and had front row seats? A sports event, the theatre, a rock concert... maybe your child's school awards assembly! If you have, you know the difference between the front row experience - where everything is magnified and so personal - and the back row experience, where you can barely see what's going on.
Attitude is Everything
Attitude is Everything
In life, there are front row people. They maximise the moment. They "show up" when they show up. They're invested, and they're positive energisers. Front row people are the ones you want to have on your team. And in life there are also... the back row people. They're the ones who mumble and murmur about the moment. They might be there in body, but they're not there in their hearts. They're less likely to be invested, and they tend to be energy vampires. Back row people deplete the team you're trying to inspire.
And the difference? It's ATTITUDE. Attitude is EVERYTHING. And attitude is a habit.
Join Dr Justin Coulson as he unpacks the attitude habits of the most excellent team players and leaders in the workplace. Discover how they inspire, uplift, elevate, and give life to the teams and organisations around them. Learn the 6 critical elements of positive energisers, and how attitudes compound into results - for better or worse - in individual lives, families and workplaces.
A bad attitude is like a flat tyre on a car. You can't go anywhere unless you change it. This presentation gives your staff the knowledge they need to get moving in the right direction.
What do you do when your child is losing the plot?
The Secret to Calm Kids and a Happy Home
The Secret to Calm Kids and a Happy Home
On a recent coaching call with a desperate mum, her four-year-old crashed into the room and
started screaming. She was upset about EVERYthing.
Justin listened as Mum tried her best to calm her little one, but things only got worse. He asked the mum
to repeat a couple of sentences after me. He spoke. She repeated. Within 20 seconds her four-year-old was sitting happily on her lap, colouring in while that mum and he continued their conversation.
Within two minutes the little one was outside playing with her big sister.
It’s not magic. Justin can show you how. No yelling, no threats, no bribes. Just calm, confident parenting,
and a happy home.
Finding time to breathe in frantic family life.
Something's Got to Give
Something's Got to Give
Parenting experts have all the advice in the world for how to make family life peaceful… but in the real world, we know it’s rarely as simple as they say. Mornings are a mess because we can’t find a school jumper or shoes. Evenings are exhausting because we arrived home late, dinner was from a take-away box, and we don’t have the mental space. And weekends don’t work because we’re playing catchup on the week rather than play catch with the kids.
Imagine a system that helps you to get the family on the same page so that you really can have magic mornings, easy evenings, and Super Saturdays or Sundays. In “Something’s Got to Give”, hear from father of 6 daughters and parenting expert, Dr Justin Coulson, as he describes the process he and his family have created for their family of 8 to find the time to breathe, even when family life is frantic.
- How to simplify your schedule and minimise the irritations that stop you doing what matters most with your family
- The 3 sure-fire strategies to really make mornings magic - every day of the week. (And yes, the kids will be staying at your house!)
- The most important elements of every evening that make things easy for everyone (or at least, easier)
- Strategies for getting the most out of your weekend time together
- The simple system for coordinating everything as a family so you’re all on the same page.
Why being smart isn’t enough for productivity, success and fulfilment at work
Emotions matter more than we realise. They impact motivation and productivity, creativity, decision-making, relationships and the performance appraisals we give. They even affect integrity and character.
Yet emotions are often misunderstood, especially at work. When emotions surface with colleagues - and even clients - they are all-too-often ignored, or worse, shut down. Research shows that raising our EQ - our emotional intelligence - can have an instant impact on relationships, behaviours, achievement, results and wellbeing, far beyond anything related to IQ.
It can also transform staff engagement and productivity - an ongoing and draining issue for every manager.
THIS PRESENTATION SHARES
- The four key aspects of emotional intelligence, with plenty of time to practice the formula
- How to respond to bullies and uncooperative staff or clients with emotional intelligence in ways that actually shifts rigid thinking and personalities, and
- How to manage others without resorting to yelling, threats, and bribes.
Give your staff emotionally intelligent strategies for getting the best from themselves and those
Dr Justin Coulson: Parenting and Relationships Speaker | Saxton SpeakersDr Justin Coulson is one of Australia's leading relationships and wellbeing experts. Struggling with his own wellbeing and family relationships, Justin returned to full-time study in his late twenties where he earned first-class honours and a subsequent PhD in Positive Psychology (the psychology of wellbeing) so that he could learn how to be a better husband and father - and a happier human. Now the focus of his life is his helping others flourish, in their families, at work, and in their own hearts and minds.
Dr Justin Coulson is a highly motivating and engaging presenter. The session was so valuable and I would highly recommend it to others. I can see how the skills that I learnt in the session ... keep readingwill not only help in the workplace but in my personal life as well. Endeavour Energy
Justin’s topics hit the mark and resonated with the audience. It was a perfect opening to our 3 days together and further lifted the energy in the room amongst our colleagues.
Justin is an extremely engaging presenter. His exceptional service and his friendly personality makes him a pleasure to work with.
Dr Justin Coulson shared with us some simple, practical and evidence-based tools our employees can use to connect with and guide their mind and thoughts - to create mental calm and to regain balance and energy amidst the busyness of our day to day worlds.