Roger Corbett has been involved in retailing for over 50 years. He started unloading trucks at the Grace Bros Chatswood store in the early 60s and rose through the ranks to hold the positions of Merchandise Director and Stores Director of Grace Bros and subsequently Operations Director of David Jones.
Mr Corbett’s current Executive and Board responsibilities are:
• Chairman, Mayne Pharma Group Limited
• Chairman, ALH
• Chairman, Beovista Pty Ltd
Woolworths: In 1990 Mr Corbett was appointed to the Board of Woolworths Limited and to the position of Managing Director of BIG W, later becoming Chief Operating Officer and then CEO of Woolworths Limited. Mr Corbett served on the board of Woolworths from 1990 until his retirement in 2006.
Positions: Mr Corbett has held the following positions:
• CEO of Woolworths Limited
• Chairman of Fairfax Media Limited
• Chairman of PrimeAg Australia Limited
• Member of the Board of the Reserve Bank of Australia
• Member of the Board of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
• Chairman of the World Food Forum (CIES), Paris
• Chairman of the Children’s Hospitals of Westmead and Randwick
• Chairman, Salvation Army Advisory Board, Australian Eastern Territory
- Mastering Leadership
- CEO & Company Directors
- Change Management
Politics & Advocacy
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for speaking at the QUT Business Leaders’ Forum held at the Hilton Brisbane on Monday 31 March 2008. The event was very succe ... keep readingssful and feedback received from those who attended has been extremely positive. Your presentation was engaging, informative and insightful and your involvement in the forum was greatly appreciated. QUT looks forward to continuing to foster relationships with dynamic leaders, such as yourself, to allow senior business and political representatives the opportunity to engage in a dialogue on today’s leadership challenges. We wish you all the best with your future endeavours and thank you again for your participation. Queensland University of TechnologyView more