Professor Neville Norman is an experienced academic economist, business advisor and communicator, dedicated to providing fresh, different and relevant insights and advice on business and economic conditions. He is a graduate of Melbourne and Cambridge Universities and was National President of the Economic Society of Australia, among scores of positions he has held.
Neville has researched and scripted special presentations in recent months, for live and Zoom audiences on:
• Our (State and Australian) Economy in the year(s) ahead, with CoVid-19 specific scenarios integrated therein;
• Budgeting your Business in 2022 with CoVid-sensitive forces embodied;
• Un-muddling “Modelling”: for the economy, your business cash-flows and CoVid [with expositions in plain words of Doherty, climate-change models;
• Housing price, stock/share prices ahead, with alternative scenarios for that delicate matter: interest rates [Is the RBA “promise” of no rate rises until 2024 tenable/responsible/sustainable - if not then what?]
• International Arrivals and our skilled labour supplies: What has happened? What next and so what?
• PPPP: Product selection (and turnover); Pricing; Promotion and Partnerships - the 4 levers of making business better
• E-commerce in businesses, large and small: evaluating what to do next
• Feasibility studies in making risky business decisions, to expand and change, or change anything (like PPPP)
• Famous Forecasting Flops and 10 other lessons for looking ahead in business
• Federal Budget Blowouts from CoVid and how sustainable they are, or not: what next?
[Many more - just a selection]
Neville is featured in the revered business briefing service, Business Essentials and in media, including the Australian Financial Review.
Among many linkages into these topics, Neville is involved continuously in economic research and economics presentations, was Head of the Government Economics of Immigration task-force that set the scene for Australian immigration for the last 3 decades, and has received awards for distinguished-quality teaching and business-audience presentations.
Neville provides new and implementable business-significant insights you will not hear anywhere else.
This conference has been said to have been one of the best ever and your address was considered the highlight of the function. ... keep reading Water Authorities Conference, Echuca
Our conference was a great success and much of the credit for making the day so worthwhile was your contribution. There is no doubt that your speech and presentation were the talk of the conference. Should we need a lively economist for future meetings we'll know where to look.
Neville is by far one of the most interesting and compelling speakers I have heard. He makes the rather drab subject of economics a pleasure to hear and utilises his fantastic wit with consummate ease”.
Our key client convention in Hong Kong was an outstanding success in all respects and we appreciate very much your contribution to our programme. For the most part Salon owners run their businesses with their hearts and not their heads and you were able in a most entertaining way to allow them to focus on the issues and opportunities at hand.
Congratulations on your presentation which was extremely captivating and relevant and I know from feedback already received from seminar attendees, that the information you provided will be extremely useful.
Well researched, relevant to audience, good mix of serious content and humour for the occasion.
Outstanding, witty, incisive, entertaining, engrossing and a heavy-weight in any field.
Professor Norman was entertaining and engaged the audience well given the difficult subject matter.
I chose Neville because I judged that he is a part “showman” and it was very important that a discussion about the economic history and future of Australia was entertaining as well as factual. I was correct. No one ever falls asleep in a Neville Norman lecture. He struck the perfect balance between insightful analysis and serious comment and keeping the international audience laughing with his slightly “over the top” presentation style.
Professor Neville Norman was a huge success. There was lots of energy in the room post his discussion and he definitely had a great impact on lifting people's attitudes and giving them some very meaty information to take and digest.
Thank you so much for making it the best budget launch night in years. Feedback on you has been so positive. It was a pleasure to meet you and hope to have you back next year.
Very interesting, easy to listen to and has some nice ice breakers. Very professional and a charming gentleman.
Very entertaining and humourous. Neville was able to communicate economics in a very engaging and practical manner.
Neville is a great character, very confident but always ensuring that he is meeting/has met the event requirements. He was a pleasure to work with and someone we hope to see again sometime in the future.
Very knowledgeable and reliable. Hit the mark.