Jeremy Oliver is one of Australia's foremost wine authorities and Australia's leading wine ambassador in Asia Pacific. An acclaimed writer, author, educator and commentator, Jeremy is also a polished event host and MC with an infectious sense of occasion and an astute ability to seamlessly fuse learning with laughter - all whilst delivering a corporate message through the medium of wine.
As a presenter, Jeremy is able to speak on the Australian and international wine trade, and on the importance of cultural awareness in Asia Pacific, especially China.
Whether he is hosting an intimate round table of CEOs and their key clients, MCing an awards night for the financial services sector, running a bespoke master class for a team building exercise or presenting to conference delegates on Chinese cultural awareness, Jeremy's presentations are not only insightful, informed, engaging and entertaining, but also tailored to a theme of your choosing.
Jeremy is currently on the Advisory Board for Tourism Australia, The Victorian Government's Tourism Advisory Board and the Board for the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival.
When Jeremy Oliver published his first book Thirst For Knowledge in 1984 at the age of 22, he became the world's youngest professional wine writer. Today he is Australia and Asia's leading wine communicator and one of its most prolific and respected authors, educators and presenters.
Fully independent, Oliver is not afraid to call it as he sees it, and is known for the frankness and integrity of his opinions, his deep knowledge of the Australian and international wine industry, and his comprehensive understanding of Chinese business practices and culture.
Author of 25 books, Oliver was named the inaugural Wine Writer of the Year by the widely circulated Australian Wine Selector magazine, and his best-selling guidebook, The Australian Wine Annual, is now translated into Mandarin Chinese.
Inspired by his father's enthusiasm for wine, Oliver completeda Bachelor of Agricultural Science at the University of Melbourne. He then spent 12 months in Coonawarra working at Lindemans and Katnook Estate while completing a postgraduate qualification in winemaking at Roseworthy College. His second book, More Thirst for Knowledge, was released whilst running his own wine school and contributing to a broad range of prominent publications - he even found time to write the biography of the legendary Len Evans, titled Evans on Earth.
The Australian Wine Handbook series followed, rating both current and back vintages of Australia's most important wines. These books formed the foundation for what was to become The Australian Wine Annual, first published in 1997. Since then, the publication has become one of the most influential and eagerly anticipated guides to Australian wine.
Oliver is deeply committed to the Australian wine industry and works tirelessly to assist its growth in export markets. His technical background, the regular opportunities he enjoys to fine-tune his palate with the best in the business, his work ethic (he tastes thousands of wines each year), his hosting of international events, his international journalistic endeavours and his constantly renewed enthusiasm for wine position him as one of Australia's most informed and in-touch wine professionals.
Catch Jeremy Oliver on a recent edition in a discussion of the state of Australian wines and the excess that is forcing prices down on Bloomberg Television's On The Move Asia here, or an episode of Enjoy Wine with Jeremy, a bliningual online TV program currently filming its third series, which has reached #1 on China's YouTube equivalent - YouKu - here.
Client Comments for Jeremy Oliver
- The client and all the delegates loved Jeremy, as they are all into their wine Jeremy was the perfect pick for this group.
- Even before the clients began to call, we had all judged the night a resounding success. Like a fine wine, everybody thought you struck the right balance - authoritative commentary blended with a nice level of audience interaction; plenty of dry humour with interesting facts; and just a sustained level of really good entertainment for the wine 'buffs' amongst us. We're all looking forward to next year's event already.
Macquarie Investment Management Limited
- Our clients and staff not only appreciated your extensive knowledge of the fabulous range of wines available for tasting, but also your stories and good humour. You took the hard work out of the evening for us, which was greatly appreciated.
- Your talk on the night was enlightening and entertaining, it really set the mood for the evening and relaxed the guests. The Deaf-Blind Association is planning to make the wine auction an annual event and we would love to have you back as our guest speaker.
The Deaf-Blind Association
- Your exceptional talents as an entertainer and educator made our evening with you one that I'm sure we will all remember for a long, long time.
- Jeremy Oliver is undoubtedly the most enjoyable wine expert to include for any occasion.
Manning's Conference Services
"Thank you for your assistance in providing an extremely positive conference."
Subscribe to our newsletter