For the past 25 years, Megan Quinn has built a career specialising at the luxury end of retailing, advertising, publishing and design for the fashion, jewelry, hotel and airline industries. She has held a variety of leadership and senior executive as well as non-executive board roles, utilising her strong commercial capabilities and deep expertise in brand and service offer development.
Her secondment to London in 1988 with the Mojo advertising agency marked the beginning of 18 years of involvement with prestigious clients and established her brand development and campaign design skills as well as a deep understanding and appreciation of the commercial requirements of her clients.
While in London, Megan held executive board roles with both Harrods and Net-A-Porter. Today, she is a non-executive director of UNICEF Australia and Specialty Fashion Group, and an Ambassador for Fitted For Work.
One of Megan's notable achievements was her co-founding of the internationally acclaimed Net-A-Porter in 1999. Her role was to direct the brand development of the company which launched in June 2000. In her capacity as Creative Director, she designed the iconic packaging, directed the site design and editorial, and was a member of the buying team. In her role as HR Director, she hired, trained and managed all staff, with a particular emphasis on creating the unique levels of service for which Net-A-Porter is now internationally renowned. As a Board Director, she reported to the fellow directors of the company, and reviewed and discussed the strategic, marketing, operational and financial implications and consequences of the rapidly expanding global business.
In conjunction with her Board appointments and involvement in philanthropy, Megan runs Q&CO a boutique consultancy which focuses on how her clients can most effectively engage with their customers and clients through multi-channel and traditional service models. Alongside consulting, she also runs master classes and workshops.
Named as one of the top most powerful women in Australian retail in 2013 by Inside Retail, Megan is a truly engaging speaker whose global experience, intelligence, honesty, humility and quick humour serve to consistently inform, entertain and inspire her audiences.
Client Comments for Megan Quinn
Megan Quinn travels from Victoria Australia
- Speaker rating: Excellent - Megan Quinn presented a very professional and engaging talk on governance, with specific emphasis on Diversity (of skills, age, education and gender), Leadership (the challenges of strong leadership in tough times) and Generational Change (knowing when to hand over the reins as well as the concept of fixed terms of service on boards). Her presentation hit the mark on all counts, utilising her national and international experience in both management and governance.
Australian Institute of Company Directors
- I have received overwhelming feedback on the quality of Megan's presentation.
Tourism Industry Development Officer, Bendigo Tourism
- I just wanted to take the time to say a BIG thank you for your contribution yesterday in helping make our Choice Hotels FCM Business Forum Luncheon a great success. I personally spoke with all of the attendees at the completion of the event and everybody thoroughly enjoyed your presentation. Some of their comments were: 'She had me captivated for the whole presentation'; 'I could've listened to Megan talk for hours and I'm sure she could talk for hours'; 'What a story and what an amazing lady'; 'Her story was like reading a good book'; 'I can't believe I had the chance to listen to Megan's story especially the part re the start-up of Net-A-Porter... as myself and my business partner were just in NYC just two weeks ago sitting in the Net-A-Porter New York offices discussing the possibilities for our brand'. I could go on but the above is a great indication of how well received Megam was... thank you!
Choice Hotels FCM Business Forum Luncheon
- A huge thank you to Megan for making the journey to Sydney to present to our Chapter. Megan's presentation was humble, inspirational and delivered with big dollops of humour and passion. It was an exemplary effort and very much appreciated!
President, Entrepreneurs' Organisation, Sydney
- Megan was entertaining and engaging yet had a persuasive story and powerful business lessons to share. She appealed to our wide employee demographic and there was 'something for everyone' in her talk.
- Fabulous! Extremely lovely person who was received really well by the entire group. Megan really 'gets it' and her open and honest communication was really valued by the members. We are very grateful she was able to join us for the entire day and share her story with us.
LimeBridge (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Megan was the epitome of professionalism from the minute she walked in the door, but more than that, she was completely approachable, warm and kind - just like the mantra she follows in her business practices. I felt that Megan truly valued the input from each of our team members throughout the whole event, and in particular for me from a media relations point of view, she was more than willing to take part in media interviews with a great willingness to talk on all things to do with her career journey and life. The audience were glowing with inspiration following her genuinely real and motivating presentation and each of our team felt personally touched by her presence. We thank Megan very much for her contribution to our event, for making our audience so inspired and for her personable approach throughout the whole day.
Victorian Employers' Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Megan was very personable and customised her session in accordance with the audience and our requirements. The story was very engaging and although Net-a-Porter is high end, Megan was able to draw out tips and lessons that all businesses could relate to. Evaluations received from the session were very positive and citing that they learnt lessons from the session which they will be able to apply to their business.
Banyule City Council
- Megan was polished, personable and professional. A warm and inspiring presentation that appealed to our mix of conference delegates. Megan was very generous of her time with our conference and we appreciated this very much.
- I wanted to thank you for agreeing to present at our Women's Network Conference. Your presentation was the highest rated presentation of the day. Most employees mentioned that they could relate to you and were highly motivated by what you had to say. They thought you were engaging, and that it was a great success story to hear about. Some of the quotes we received were...
'It was fascinating and I really enjoyed it';
'I really enjoyed the session and found Megan very intriguing, cool and sophisticated';
'Very interesting and inspiring from the perspective that it takes more than a good idea but also determination and courage'; and
'Very interesting to hear her experiences and challenges she faced - best session!'
Thanks again, and we look forward to having you participate in future events with Goldman Sachs.
Goldman Sachs & Partners Australia Pty Ltd
- Megan Quinn was fantastic! Her story is inspirational, educational and humorous. We wouldn't hesitate to have her speak at future events. Highly recommended.
Open Universities Australia
- There is not one person who was not delighted to hear Megan speak and to meet her. An exceptional lady and speaker – the presentation was engaging and it was exciting and a pleasure to hear her speak. Her talk held a great deal of relevance for our audience.
BT Financial Group
- Megan was absolutely fantastic. She is so relatable and down to earth. Her style of presenting was absolutely perfect for what we were after. She was charismatic, not slick and the crowd absolutely loved her.
She was engaging from when she first went up on stage - delivering clear messages about being a daring entrepreneur, customer service, sticking to your guns, defining a leadership role as a mother and business owner and knowing when to call it a day to start a new chapter. I'd absolutely use her again without hesitation and personally connected with her -- she's an amazing woman!
Events Beyond for Ozdare
- 10 Steps to Business Success in the 21st Century
- Evolution: The precursor to innovation
- Good Governance
- Insights into Effective Boards
- Intuition and Creativity: Which global businesses are reaping the rewards of valuing both?
- Playing the Game of Catch-up: The challenges and opportunities facing Australian businesses
- Respect: Both customers and staff are your ambassadors
- The Spirit of Entrepreneurship
"Sandra and Lauren were fantastic and very accommodating to our requests. They offered great advice and responded very quickly to all my questions."
International College of Management - Sydney
Subscribe to our newsletter